Walt alert!

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ran across someone in another forum, who posted today:

i've been called up for active duty and have been away on my pre tour training the past 2months. Im going to Afghan with the Parachute regiment to relieve the marines who are out there causing havoc

I'll be out for a further 4months after my pre training is done and hopefully come back in one piece
Only thing being, that I'm training with 4 PARA at the moment, and I'm fairly sure that:

a) The RM are nowhere near Herrick atm, it's the Royal Anglian, Mech. Infantry and that lot, correct?
b) There isn't another deployment due for 5 months?
c) Tours last 6 months, not 4?
d) I'm pretty certain that the Parachute Regiment (especially 4 PARA at least) aren't going near Herrick until next April when we have been told to expect mobilisation in support of 2 PARA.

Dropped a very enthusiastic response wishing him well with a few basic errors which he should correct if genuine. Aside from that, am I incorrect in any of the above? Are any 4 PARA being deployed / about to be at the moment (Duke should know this?)

What do people think, Walt or not?

The_Duke

LE
Walt.

Your points a-d are correct. RM have been back for some time now, and are probably fighting through downtown Bangkok in dresses as we type.

I once bought a job lot of ex-RM fembots off Ebay. Boy, was that a mistake.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Cheers Duke, wanted to double check that!

boris7 said:
I am a WALT...?
I don't know, did you post that?

How do i convince others i am not a walt without leaving government information at the eyes of anyone. Im not sure that i like this site. It inendated with militia types and journalists. I'm soon to be ex-walt but upon what i am about to do can i be sure that you are not going to broadcast at wifi speed the locations of the entrire BA. Im not slating the legal side to what you do but, in your eyes, do you really want average joe to know?

Answer please

The_Duke

LE
H_M_ARRSE said:
How do i convince others i am not a walt without leaving government information at the eyes of anyone. Im not sure that i like this site. It inendated with militia types and journalists. I'm soon to be ex-walt but upon what i am about to do can i be sure that you are not going to broadcast at wifi speed the locations of the entrire BA. Im not slating the legal side to what you do but, in your eyes, do you really want average joe to know?

Answer please
What are you dribbling on about?

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Self-incrimination then Boris! You clearly aren't this bloke on the other site though sir ;) Far too distinguished of years.

H_M_ARRSE said:

Answer please
a little help for you
I
Government
"at the eyes of anyone" Er sorry cant correct that because it does not make sense.
The word is "inundated"
By BA I assume you mean British Army and not the Airline
Ah bollocks its just gibberish and I have no idea why this was posted or what it means.
That goes for my post too before some smartass comments!

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I just figured H_M farted into Babelfish, and that's what it came out with.

being old ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
most people ex forces are WALTS...."do you remember club"".......and it's fun to meet young WALTS 18 -25 yrs old.....

I did meet a young WALT.......dressed in barrack dress/shirt sleeve order with 2 pips on his shoulder = with a NO 2 ..other rank No 2 dress HAT on ........saluting all and sundry......to impress his mum and gran.........just come out of basic training!..... By luck some old WALTS put him straight

He is now a WO 11....gained a MBE....and doing good...enough said

H_M_ARRSE said:

Answer please
Ok, I think I've managed to decode your verbal batco, If it's OPSEC you're worried about, don't, T.A deployment dates are posted on the Army's official site, not going to say where, but anyone with a little savvy could find them. So feel free to tell everyone the month you're deploying so you may be de-walted. :D

It wasn't manfat forums was it, that place is riddled with walts hinting at being SAS, shakey boats and the like. advising gullable teens a load of bollox and telling them off for spelling errors. :lol:

MFAT.CO.UK for a laugh

mark1234 said:
It wasn't manfat forums was it, that place is riddled with walts hinting at being SAS, shakey boats and the like. advising gullable teens a load of bollox and telling them off for spelling errors. :lol:

MFAT.CO.UK for a laugh
I am a OAP......only operational for low level bj's with daschunds!!!! hint

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
goochscratcher Waltenkommando 68
ClosetSnob Waltenkommando 0
Iainmc Waltenkommando 127