Wall Street Crashes 500 points

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Wija, Feb 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

And if concern for China continues, then expect another correction over the coming days.
  2. Well A Greenspan,former Fed Chairman ,said a few days ago,that a tipping point for the markets was approaching.He based this on the implosion of the 'sub prime' mortgage market in US,which has even spawned a profits warning from our own HSBC Bank.It may be that this correction will get more violent,before it stabilises,and not only on our own Stock Exchange.
  3. so the Dollar may drop in value against the British pound ?
  4. The Chinese are coming.
  5. Oh dear.

Let's hope that not too many "high-flying" businessmen go jumping off the tops of those big, tall skyscrapers.
  6. $5,000 annual individual income ! family income $10,000 !! that is not going go far in USA unless you live in the Sticks and do some hunting, last time I was there Welfare wasn't so generous and as for medical care ...forget it

so much for the "Greatest" nation on earth, I have seen some sights there, there are some really appalling proverty stricken areas all across the States, its unbelievable.
  7. Hmmm, wonder how it will affect the interest rates here? Could be more than high-flyers topping themselves if it gets too silly.
  8. A long overdue correction.
  9. indeed, it is sometimes said that what America do today, Britain will do tommorrow, so perhaps the same correction will occur here.
  10. We're doomed, I tell you, doomed!

Litotes (who went short two weeks ago...)
  11. Does this mean that my pocket money will buy me more Wrigleys ?
  12. Well we watched a well regulated Market go to Rat Shit post 9/11.
    Now we have another Far Eastern joke ( I remember the Thai crash of 97) going Tits UP.
    Now't new just remember you haven't Gained or Lost until you sell.
    Just had a Yank 'Expert' warning about US debt and their Housing market, King Georges Legacy ?
  13. The sky is falling in!!

I'm selling my house so I'd like a worldwide crash in house prices please, especially in australia.