Walking/Trekking Sandals Advice

Just don't...for the love of everything that is sacred do not do it...they are the most disgusting items of footwear ever invented. Wearers should be stoned, whipped then flogged....
Worn trekking sandals for years with no problems, just looking at what might be recommended and good value out there. If the comment is in in relation to with socks then would never dream of it

Clark's. Every time.

But it depends what you mean by walking/trekking. If I was doing any serious walking I'd put on walking boots, whatever the temperature!
Me too. City type walking and trying to keep feet a it more aerated than with walking shoes/boots.

Also not a great lover of trainers apart from for sports

Teva. Have tried others but always gone back.

Get the cheaper ones without the extra 'padding'.

Wooden Wonder

War Hero
As I suffer from hot-fat-feet, I wear my berk-in-socks, sorry, Birkenstocks from March until October. Anything more than three miles of walking has the inter-toe thong thing slicing your big toe gap about an inch deep, giving you an attractive and dashing pool of bloody squelchiness in the insole that always impresses attractive young wimmin. Definitely the footwear of champions.

I keep a pair of these in a hot country overseas:

1565183000906.png

They're great for a trip to the mountains, or a day on the river too.

Just over £50 at Go Outdoors.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Me too. City type walking and trying to keep feet a it more aerated than with walking shoes/boots.

Also not a great lover of trainers apart from for sports
There's plenty of good "trainer type" shoes out there, made from a combination of leather and other materials, so you don't have to look as if your playing sport. As for the shoe pictured above, yeah it's got holes in, but for all the aeration you might as well wear a normal "trainer style".

Please, please, please, for the love of God and the Blessed Virgin Mary, do NOT wear sandals or 'crocks'. Just don't.
He could do worse than these Crocs:

1565184936339.png

Crocs are one of the better things to come out of the USA in recent years. They are mega comfortable, weigh almost nothing and very easy to keep clean. You can use them freely on land or in the water. They were originally designed as an improvement on topsider shoes for yachting. Due to their almost zero weight and versatility, I consider them better than sandals for carrying on treks - sandals are inevitably heavier. I have more than one pair since I use them as house shoes too.
Aldi were flogging similar items several months back. Detachable furry lining, very handy for slipping on to put stuff in the bin or nipping out for a smoke. A fiver, as i recall.

There's plenty of good "trainer type" shoes out there, made from a combination of leather and other materials, so you don't have to look as if your playing sport. As for the shoe pictured above, yeah it's got holes in, but for all the aeration you might as well wear a normal "trainer style".
OK, since you mentioned it, not a sandal at all but the shoe that is current favourite of Israeli security personnel - the Nike Zoom Winflo 5 in black.
Virtually weightless, highly aerated mesh upper and extremely comfortable for walking, sprinting and those long stag ops.
Actually designed as a running shoe.

1565185271426.png

He could do worse than these Crocs:

View attachment 409146

That's a paedo accessory. A grooming product for use of. If I saw that, I'd pour petrol on it, set it alight, regardless of whether a human foot was inside, and I wouldn't feel an ounce of guilt.

Edit: Actually I'd go further. Sandal wearers should be lynched by the local community.

Chalkster69

Old-Salt
I've had a pair of these for a year or so & they're great - minor scrambling, lots of trekking, rockpooling etc....

Karrimor Auckland Sandals

Auk.jpg

They're £50 odd quid in Go Outdoors, but you can get them much cheaper elsewhere....

I live in mine when it's warm.....

Edit - might have been renamed to the "Sydney" now - £35 at Sports Direct - Linky

I use Teva, lots of styles and won't break the bank.

ugly

LE
Plenty of shoe and boot threads about but wondered what people are wearing in terms of walking/trekking sandals when doing city breaks etc in the heat of the Summer.

Needing a replacement pair and thought I would tap into experience of those who may have some old faithfuls that are still on the market or may have found recent bargains.

DDS card at the ready, thanks in advance.
Dont

I've had a pair of these for a year or so & they're great - minor scrambling, lots of trekking, rockpooling etc....

Karrimor Auckland Sandals

View attachment 409147

They're £50 odd quid in Go Outdoors, but you can get them much cheaper elsewhere....

I live in mine when it's warm.....

Edit - might have been renamed to the "Sydney" now - £35 at Sports Direct - Linky
Yup - I've also owned a pair of these in grey - well worth the money and do a decent job protecting your toes.

They're very good indeed.

That's a paedo accessory. A grooming product for use of. If I saw that, I'd pour petrol on it, set it alight, regardless of whether a human foot was inside, and I wouldn't feel an ounce of guilt.

Edit: Actually I'd go further. Sandal wearers should be lynched by the local community.
Sandals combine very well with reactolight glasses.

Children just love the whole ensemble.

Latest Threads