Walking shoes for an old duffer?

It really is worth looking at some of the websites, such as Cotswolds, Go Outdoors and others. Sales and so on will creep into your news feeds and there are bargains and loss-leaders to be had.

I picked up a Rab down jacket from Cotswolds a few years back for £100 which normally goes for £300. It's now back up to £300, they just decided to get a few items out there in the market.

Also, hang around at the ends of the seasons.
I’ve got a 15% discount code for them, if anyone wants it.

endure

GCM
Right. More advice please.

I've got myself a pair of Clarks shoes which are made from suede and nubuck.

Do they need any form of polish/protection applying before I venture outside in them?

If so, which one is best?

TamH70

MIA

Do they need any form of polish/protection applying before I venture outside in them?

Yes, and Nik Wax is the duty answer. Get decent suede cleaning brushes too.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Proofer.

Cleaner.

Other similar products are available.

Some old codger tips/thoughts/cogitations while perambulating with those new shoes.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

"In Style" are the shoes that still fit.

"On time" is when you get there.

Lately, You've noticed people your age seem so much older than you.

Growing old should have taken longer.

Ageing may have slowed you down, but hasn't shut you up.

You still haven't learned to act your age... and hope you never will.

And one most importantly... "One for the road" means going to the bathroom before leaving the house for that shuffle round the block.

FWIW I started buying Hotter's. about a decade or so ago. Problems, well 11's no longer fit properly so I go a size up. I do about 30 miles a week dog walking and they do a fairly nice Moccasin style boot. I'm currently on my second to last pair which have lasted about five years. They're almost like gloves. When you get shoes like that you just rag them out, they're a tad on the expensive side but then they last last longer than most.

Latest Threads