• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Walking round SPTA/Imber - how can I find out whats open?

Dudes

Looking to do a bit of walking ( civvies ) this weekend, ending up in a pub. Would like to go round SPTA and Imber Village ( Soul Club meeting ) - how can I find out what bits are open?

TIA

BB

Well, if you see a load of people in camouflage, carrying weapons and making a lot of noise, I suspect it is not open for a bimble...

msr

The_Duke

LE
Bravo_Bravo said:
Dudes

Looking to do a bit of walking ( civvies ) this weekend, ending up in a pub.Would like to go round SPTA and Imber Village ( Sould Club meeting ) - how can I find out what bits are open?

TIA

BB
You are a sad, sad, sad individual. Try range control (Westdown camp?) and get a pink. While you are there, see if you can find a life as well. :D

The_Duke

LE
Bravo_Bravo said:
Dook

I have no friends or social life.

Or social skills, fatso.
I may be fat, but I am not contemplating spending my weekend off walking around Imber.

Weight can be lost easily, total mental breakdown is harder to recover from.

Dilfor said:
You simply mustn't forget to take in the Tidworth washdown on your rambles.
Those ones are in the modernist style - for a real taste of history the washdowns at Larkhill are the best - especially the sludge pit for a skin enhancing mud wash :twisted:

dpcw said:
Dilfor said:
You simply mustn't forget to take in the Tidworth washdown on your rambles.
Those ones are in the modernist style - for a real taste of history the washdowns at Larkhill are the best - especially the sludge pit for a skin enhancing mud wash :twisted:
I could not agree more...being absolutely drenched was a Gunner subaltern's rite of passage. Any Gunner sproglet who says he didn't enjoy being soaked and riolled in the washdown is a complete and utter honest person. Stiupid fecking tradition - until you had a new subby in the battery of course!

Seeing as its only a week till Easter - you might be better postponing for a week!

(anyone confirm that Imber village is still open to the public every Easter weekend?)

Latest Threads