Walking round SPTA/Imber - how can I find out whats open?

#1
Dudes

Looking to do a bit of walking ( civvies ) this weekend, ending up in a pub. Would like to go round SPTA and Imber Village ( Soul Club meeting ) - how can I find out what bits are open?

TIA

BB
 
#2
Well, if you see a load of people in camouflage, carrying weapons and making a lot of noise, I suspect it is not open for a bimble...

msr
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#3
Bravo_Bravo said:
Dudes

Looking to do a bit of walking ( civvies ) this weekend, ending up in a pub.Would like to go round SPTA and Imber Village ( Sould Club meeting ) - how can I find out what bits are open?

TIA

BB
You are a sad, sad, sad individual. Try range control (Westdown camp?) and get a pink. While you are there, see if you can find a life as well. :D
 
#5
Dook

I have no friends or social life.

Or social skills, fatso.
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#6
Bravo_Bravo said:
Dook

I have no friends or social life.

Or social skills, fatso.
I may be fat, but I am not contemplating spending my weekend off walking around Imber.

Weight can be lost easily, total mental breakdown is harder to recover from.
 
#7
BB - Are you actually an Imberite looking to move home?
 
#8
loaded_not_ready said:
BB - Are you actually an Imberite looking to move home?
Judging by his posts, I think he might be...

msr
 
#10
#16
Dilfor said:
You simply mustn't forget to take in the Tidworth washdown on your rambles.
Those ones are in the modernist style - for a real taste of history the washdowns at Larkhill are the best - especially the sludge pit for a skin enhancing mud wash :twisted:
 
#17
msr said:
Well, if you see a load of people in camouflage, carrying weapons and making a lot of noise, I suspect it is not open for a bimble...

msr
That will be us then this weekend
 
#18
dpcw said:
Dilfor said:
You simply mustn't forget to take in the Tidworth washdown on your rambles.
Those ones are in the modernist style - for a real taste of history the washdowns at Larkhill are the best - especially the sludge pit for a skin enhancing mud wash :twisted:
I could not agree more...being absolutely drenched was a Gunner subaltern's rite of passage. Any Gunner sproglet who says he didn't enjoy being soaked and riolled in the washdown is a complete and utter honest person. Stiupid fecking tradition - until you had a new subby in the battery of course!
 
#19
Seeing as its only a week till Easter - you might be better postponing for a week!


(anyone confirm that Imber village is still open to the public every Easter weekend?)
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top