Walking on water

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Jokes' started by Ronin(GE), Mar 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A Priest, a rabbi and an imam are sitting at a lake fishing.
    There is a guesthouse on the other side.

After an hour the priest says, "you know what, I'm getting a beer"...prays to the lord, runs over the water and back with a beer.

Says the rabbi: "Well jesus was born a jew, what you can do, I shall do as well"...jogs over the water and get himself a drink.

Says the imam: "We received the lates revelations, so I'll be easy for me" and after a quick payer he run over the water...halfway through he drops
    in and is gone

The rabbi leans over to the priest and says: "You know, there must be something to that islam stuff. He got pretty far for one that didn't know where the poles stand!"
  2. < Waits impatiently for punch line.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Those poles get everywhere
  4. Hmm, must try harder. Poles, isn't that this kind of stuff:

Well, just under water, so could step on 'em.
  5. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Yes, you're right. This is also a Pole, I think you call it a Schlagbaum :) :

6. What are the gerries trying to do with it?
  7. Brotherton Lad

Some oaf has snapped it at the hinge and they're trying to mend it, obviously.
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

RAF Police fuck up the barrier action again!!
    • Like Like x 1

9. Hmmm call that a pole,,,don't make me laaarf,,,this is what you call a pole.....just around the corner from me....

Failsworth Pole

Attached Files:

• pole.jpg
      File size:
      33.1 KB
  10. "Schlagbaum" if they are horizontal and can be rised and lowered...and yeah, pushed over ;-)
    The vertical stuff rammed into the ground is: "Pfosten"

Pole= Pfosten, Stab, Schlagbaum, Pol (as in + and - on a battery)...

One word, loads of translations...languages can be a bitch :p
  11. Brotherton Lad

We call the vertical ones 'posts' (so the same as you), or a 'pile' if it's as part of the foundations for a building or pier.

A schlagbaum can also be called a turnpike.

We call your Stab, a staff or a stave.
  12. Brotherton Lad

Looks like a job creation scheme for the MPGS.
  13. Stepping stones would have been much easier and wouldn't have lead to all these badly polished puns.
  14. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I always wondered about that phot. It just makes the boxheads look like retards. They could have undone the nut and removed the pivot, walked around the barrier, or if they wanted some drama, set it on fire and smashed a kubelwagen through it. It was obviously the idea of the photographer or some propaganda monkey.