Walking on water

A Priest, a rabbi and an imam are sitting at a lake fishing.
There is a guesthouse on the other side.

After an hour the priest says, "you know what, I'm getting a beer"...prays to the lord, runs over the water and back with a beer.

Says the rabbi: "Well jesus was born a jew, what you can do, I shall do as well"...jogs over the water and get himself a drink.

Says the imam: "We received the lates revelations, so I'll be easy for me" and after a quick payer he run over the water...halfway through he drops
in and is gone

The rabbi leans over to the priest and says: "You know, there must be something to that islam stuff. He got pretty far for one that didn't know where the poles stand!"

< Waits impatiently for punch line.

Yes, you're right. This is also a Pole, I think you call it a Schlagbaum :) :

"Schlagbaum" if they are horizontal and can be rised and lowered...and yeah, pushed over ;-)
The vertical stuff rammed into the ground is: "Pfosten"

Pole= Pfosten, Stab, Schlagbaum, Pol (as in + and - on a battery)...

One word, loads of translations...languages can be a bitch :p

"Schlagbaum" if they are horizontal and can be rised and lowered...and yeah, pushed over ;-)
The vertical stuff rammed into the ground is: "Pfosten"

One word, 2 translations...languages can be a bitch :p
We call the vertical ones 'posts' (so the same as you), or a 'pile' if it's as part of the foundations for a building or pier.

A schlagbaum can also be called a turnpike.

We call your Stab, a staff or a stave.

Stepping stones would have been much easier and wouldn't have lead to all these badly polished puns.

Yes, you're right. This is also a Pole, I think you call it a Schlagbaum :) :

I always wondered about that phot. It just makes the boxheads look like retards. They could have undone the nut and removed the pivot, walked around the barrier, or if they wanted some drama, set it on fire and smashed a kubelwagen through it. It was obviously the idea of the photographer or some propaganda monkey.

I always wondered about that phot. It just makes the boxheads look like retards. They could have undone the nut and removed the pivot, walked around the barrier, or if they wanted some drama, set it on fire and smashed a kubelwagen through it. It was obviously the idea of the photographer or some propaganda monkey.
Oh, I don't know. Soldier Magazine could have set that one up. The short lad by the Polish Eagle seems to have got the idea, wonder what happened to him.