Walking and crawling?

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by Firehorse, Aug 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The plan is simple. Spend the day walking (I favour the Peak District since it's on my doorstep) and then find a pub for the evening.

Glorious countryside, cheap accommodation due to loads of camp sites and B&Bs and, for those of you who need one, the excuse that it's helping with your fitness :D

My plans for this w/e have come unstuck so I may well be in Castleton on Saturday since the weather forecast isn't too grim. I appreciate I'm not likely to get any takers at this short notice but would anyone be interested in arranging something in the not too distant future?
  2. I'm up for that sometime, I don't get on the hills as much as I would like. I will need plenty of notice though.
  3. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Ditto. Would like to get some walking in but would need some notice.
  4. Sounds good to me too, with some notice, and seeking a hound friendly place to stay I can even bring my guide dog to ensure my good behaviour.
  5. Has he got a flask of brandy?
  6. No he only carries vodka, no point carrying brandy as I dont like it!
  7. The campsite I stayed at last time is very dog-friendly (I took two of my pack)- only slight problem with it was that it's not much lower than Mam Tor so we spent the night IN the cloud. Next time I'll be taking my dog cage and they can have that in their own tent - I don't object (much) to sleeping under a carpet of dry dog. Wet dog on the other hand....... :D
  8. I'd be up for it, but im only in Manchester while im on leave, so would need plenty of notice to arrange things