Wales Rally GB 2010- Sennybridge stages

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Brandt, Sep 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This may be of interest to a few on here- two of the special stages this year pass through Sennybridge ranges on November, with viewing advised from Dixie's corner.

I'm probably going to take my rally-mad 7 year old, although the thought of going back to Sennybridge in November still puts a shiver up my spine!

From the Wales Rally website:

The relaxation of the WRC regulations has allowed the use of a mixed surface stage for the first time in many years. The demanding asphalt roads of the Epynt Military Ranges have been linked to the gravel roads of last year's Crychan stage to produce a stage which will be a real test of both driver and car. The asphalt section can be viewed from the main Halfway (Dixies) car park making this a great location to view from many different points throughout the day. There will also be car parks servicing the forest section of the stage.
    SS10 10:44 - Saturday 13 November
    SS14 15:53 - Saturday 13 November
    Like Four Ways Crychan, this stage is located on the Epynt Military Ranges and has two distinct sections. The first part of the stage is through classic forest roads with long corners. The second part is very wide and fast over open moorland on the Army gravel roads with jumps and corners on crests to catch the unwary. There are car parks serving both parts of the stage, the main Dixies car park offering viewing of the Four Ways Crychan stage as well.
    Hospitality available.
    SS11 11:22 - Saturday 13 November
    SS15 16:31 - Saturday 13 November