Wales for the Off - Taffexit

Stepdaughter is a fluent druid speaker. She's massively into the "YES CYMRU" thing calling for Welsh independence and keeps pestering me about it.
I just point out that her Dad was an English man from Gloucester and very proud of the fact, and that I'm from Yorkshire originally. She has a right hissy fit when I point out that ALL the Welsh castles were built by the ENGLISH in order to enslave the Welsh people and make them live a life of national servitude.

(Last time I did it she was in the kitchen with a rather large, sharp knife, I made a rather sharp exit stage left as she had that look that women have when they're about to be extremely evil)
When I moved back from the ME in 2016 I initially stayed in a holiday let for about 6 weeks while I sorted out permanent stuff and the wife then came over.

I was staying in Presteigne - lovely small town in a little Welsh bulge into England - one night I ended up chatting to the Mayor, as you do, and a group of others in one of the pubs. This Welsh Nationalist guy went off on one when he found out I was English. He went absolutely nuts when I said that I'd been living away for a long time and had zero knowledge or interest in that sort of thing, I assume I'm like most English, we don't care, it's simply not on our radar, we don't hate the Welsh and wish them ill, we simply don't think about them, in the same way we don't think about the bloke we don't know who lives the next road down, too busy getting on with our own lives.

Apparently, that was even worse than wanting to oppress and have them all as slaves.

I went for a wee and this guy left, because of me! Couldn't handle it it seems - The Mayor was funny after I said that was a bit weird - he said, 'Yeah, he does get a bit militant and you inadvertently hit every single button he's got in one go'. Rest of the evening was lovely.

I've lived in Wales now for over 5 years - love it - I've tried to be respectful and try to learn enough of the language to be able to not be disrespectful when saying place names and the like. Helps me anyway as I can often be in the darkest deepest bits and need to know the stuff on the maps.

It's mad really - we've 99% in common with every other human on the planet yet we seem to sack everything that brings us together and focus on the minutiae that separates us and then weaponise it - ******* stupid.

Daz

LE
Not quite. It's a natural language with a native culture and history.

ETA: I recall reading that the producers of ST did not use the Klingon conlang in scripting. I don't know if they do now.
It's a pointless dead language artificially kept alive by the Welsh Assembly, withdraw the insistence by Welsh Government on job applicants to speak Welsh and watch the numbers of adults wishing to "learn" Welsh drop like a stone

The Welsh assembly.
Nothing exists or matters if its outside of the 15 mile Cardiff Bay bubble.
It's about as much use as tits on a fish.

Tits on a fish have their uses, you can shag a mermaid

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Tits on a fish have their uses, you can shag a mermaid
Due to biological deficiencies (fish don't have frou frous - they lay eggs, and my idea of a good night in isn't wnaking over fresh caviar underwater), BJs or motorboats only, both of which have probably been banned by those joyless Methodist twaats in the Welsh Assembly (although It would be hilarious to see how the Heddlu would even begin to enforce such legislation).

Due to biological deficiencies (fish don't have frou frous - they lay eggs, and my idea of a good night in isn't wnaking over fresh caviar underwater), BJs or motorboats only, both of which have probably been banned by those joyless Methodist twaats in the Welsh Assembly (although It would be hilarious to see how the Heddlu would even begin to enforce such legislation).
It would depend on two things:

Which legend your prize embodies; some versions have them with legs and flippers, some, yes, with fish tails, and some acquire legs on land.

Methodist WA - Well, that would certainly be an ecumenical matter.

Latest Threads