Waitrose ripoff

Tell me, if you saw this, would you think the contents were (a) Crab, from Orkney. In layers? Or, (b), A bit of crab bulked out with eggs, mayonnaise, breadcrumbs and various chemicals?

Because according to Waitrose Customer Services, only a fool would take the slogan 'Orkney crab' to be an indication of the contents, and the reasonable man would expect to get a slimy mélange that smells of stale farts and that not even the dog was all that keen on eating.

LN_089298_BP_10.jpg

Gosh, that makes me angry too.

I shop there, so I don't have to listen to pikeys like you. Due to many of the staff having shares in the company, they are a bit nicer to the customer

**** off back to Neto/Aldi/Coop..

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I agree rip off. What I will say for Waitrose if i've a patient who works for them, he used to work for Morrisons. This chap butchers up the meat in a factory, says the meat is very high quality, said Morrisons isn't and the first job in a morrissons butchery dept is adding three days date to the out of date meat. No idea how many lots of three extra days they get, neither has he. After they've been extra three'd and smell they get a nice chinese glaze or similar, enjoy.

Tell me, if you saw this, would you think the contents were (a) Crab, from Orkney. In layers? Or, (b), A bit of crab bulked out with eggs, mayonnaise, breadcrumbs and various chemicals?

Because according to Waitrose Customer Services, only a fool would take the slogan 'Orkney crab' to be an indication of the contents, and the reasonable man would expect to get a slimy mélange that smells of stale farts and that not even the dog was all that keen on eating.

View attachment 116158
Doesn't it have that catch all "serving suggestion" or perhaps an astrisk (*which means "this is not true") somewhere?

I agree rip off. What I will say for Waitrose if i've a patient who works for them, he used to work for Morrisons. This chap butchers up the meat in a factory, says the meat is very high quality, said Morrisons isn't and the first job in a morrissons butchery dept is adding three days date to the out of date meat. No idea how many lots of three extra days they get, neither has he. After they've been extra three'd and smell they get a nice chinese glaze or similar, enjoy.
When I was a student I did stock counting in Tesco and it was the same story with all the Deli products. Some of the ham smelled like Satan's dirty sock bag by the time it was out on the counter.

Doesn't it have that catch all "serving suggestion" or perhaps an astrisk (*which means "this is not true") somewhere?
No, but if you look at the back, in letters so small you literally need a magnifier to read them, is a slightly more honest description of the product. Though not honest enough to reveal that it looks like cat-sick and tastes of almost nothing.

You only had to read the ingredients:

Crab mousse (55%), free range whole boiled egg (27%), crab (17%), Crab mousse contains Hebridean crab meat (66%), whipping cream, mayonnaise containing free range egg, breadcrumbs, full fat soft cheese, salt, concentrated lemon juice, paprika, white pepper, Mayonnaise contains rapeseed oil, pasteurised free range egg, spirit vinegar, water, sugar, salt, mustard flour, stabilisers guar gum, xanthan gum and locust bean gum, Breadcrumbs contain wheat flour, yeast, salt, emulsifier mono- and diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids, antioxidant ascorbic acid
So 17% Orkney (presumed) crab (34g). Plus 66% of 55%, about 36% Hebridean crab (72g).

Unless the Hebrides have moved, it looks like you've got a valid claim. It should read "Layered Hebridean Crab".

Did you check the Swiss Roll and the French Dressing?

View attachment 116158
This made me so angry I've just microwaved a kitten to death.

So, clear proof: Waitrose are kitten killing cnuts.

The cnuts.

Why the need for the outrage bus? Doesn't everybody know that what it says on any packet bears zero resemblance of what is actually in it.

Enjoy your horseshit burgers back at Tesco's then. I'll happily stick with the better staff, service and quality of food at Waitrose.

Drive on Geeves. :)
G & J sound very much alike when insane apparently.

Enjoy your horseshit burgers back at Tesco's then. I'll happily stick with the better staff, service and quality of food at Waitrose.

Drive on Geeves. :)
They only smile to you because they've got a financial stake in it; they smile as they see your money being cheated from your pockets to theirs.

And they despise you for your inability to read and spell.