Waiting to hear back after BARB?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Mordelly, Apr 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello again.

I done my BARB test and all that exactly a month ago today, 18th March. Well, I'm still waiting to hear back about the next step in the process which is a formal interview I believe? I was just wondering, is it normal for it to take this long for them to get back to me, and would anyone suggest chasing them up on it or not?

Thanks, Mordelly.
  2. Ring them lol
  3. Phone them monday morning. Have you got your doc to fill out your medical forms yet? If not, you're in for an even longer wait.
  4. what score did you get
  5. agree, call them.......
  6. They ring you within 10 days of them receiving your medical if they dont ring you're meant to ring them to find out whats happening. I was lucky enough for them to ring me back within two days.
  7. Yes all the medical forms were handed in when I done my BARB last month. The recruiting officer told me that they'd be in touch then I haven't heard nothing. My score on the test was around mid 80s, the recruiting officer was like "You're the first person I saw who got a higher score than me", he seemed kinda peeved about it. Made me laugh.

Well, I guess I'll just have to give them a call on Monday morning, see what's happening.
  8. Mid 80's? why don't you remember the exact score? :?
  9. Maybe because it doesn't matter anymore? I did my BARB weeks ago, and I got either 67 or 76 :? But the GTI was high enough for what I want to do, so I don't need to remember it.
  10. Phoned up first thing this morning, recruiting officer told me he's gonna chase it up today and then if I ain't heard back by the end of the week, phone up again on next Monday. Can't ask for any fairer than that.

How much notice do you get for your formal interview?
  11. I waited two weeks.
  12. i got 66 but the average for my AFCO last year was 44
  13. Wednesday afternoon will be around the two weeks mark from when the army received my paperwork from the doctors and forwarded it on to scotland.

My recruiter was on holiday till this afternoon anyway, so since i rang up a couple of times last week to see what the craic was, im going to leave it to wednesday afternoon before i ring back and see if theres anymore news.

Sound sensible?