Wait time Briefing - Main Board

Hi folks,

Just wondering what the current wait is for a MB slot after passing Briefing? I heard some time ago it was as long as 4-6 months, but recently its become a lot shorter?

Cheers,

Wager

Done my briefing end of Nov 09, got my main board end of March 10. So yeah 4-6months sounds about right.

It can take 8 weeks for all of the paperwork to be processed as well as depending on what catagory you recieve at briefing...

Edit- Recently told that even with a Cat 1 you can still expect to wait a minimum of 3 months

I did briefing in September 09 and was told that it was at least a 3 month delay until you could take main board.

Even though I got a cat 1, I am still not taking main board until the summer just so I can honestly say I prepared as much as I could and that I leave no stone untouched.

-0CS-

I believe the paperwork will take a minimum of six weeks. The problem then becomes finding an open slot on a board (only 42 avaliable each time) and they fill up several months in advance. I was led to believe, however, that your sponsor can speed up the process (if so minded) when you have an urgent need to attend AOSB before a certain date. This is probably hard to do, so it may be worth speaking to your sponsor ASAP if you have concerns.