Wait time Briefing - Main Board

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by wager, Feb 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi folks,

Just wondering what the current wait is for a MB slot after passing Briefing? I heard some time ago it was as long as 4-6 months, but recently its become a lot shorter?

2. Done my briefing end of Nov 09, got my main board end of March 10. So yeah 4-6months sounds about right.
  3. It can take 8 weeks for all of the paperwork to be processed as well as depending on what catagory you recieve at briefing...

Edit- Recently told that even with a Cat 1 you can still expect to wait a minimum of 3 months
  4. Was 3 months to the day between my briefing and MB.
  5. I did briefing in September 09 and was told that it was at least a 3 month delay until you could take main board.

Even though I got a cat 1, I am still not taking main board until the summer just so I can honestly say I prepared as much as I could and that I leave no stone untouched.

6. I believe the paperwork will take a minimum of six weeks. The problem then becomes finding an open slot on a board (only 42 avaliable each time) and they fill up several months in advance. I was led to believe, however, that your sponsor can speed up the process (if so minded) when you have an urgent need to attend AOSB before a certain date. This is probably hard to do, so it may be worth speaking to your sponsor ASAP if you have concerns.
  7. Cheers guys