Wah v Wind Up v Pure F*cking Fantasy

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by CAARPS, Sep 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know it shouldn’t, however, people shouting ‘Wah’ on all kinds of threads is really starting to irritate me ever so slightly. I was always educated as follows:

1. Wah = Getting someone to state the obvious for instance:

“That vanilla ice cream looks f*cking lovely, can I have a taste? Slurp, mmmm that’s nice what flavour is it?

“It’s vanilla”

“WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

2. Wind up. The best wind ups take thought and planning and are best done ‘live’ so to speak. The occasional well thought out written one (emphasise on the occasional) such as “I am an infantry army cadet and I think all you Corps REMFS are tossers” can be very amusing (especially the re-generation). However, when they start appearing every 5 minutes, such as the “I am a paedophile, can I join the cadets” type they just become very tiresome. But neither of the above examples are Wahs’

3. Lastly pure f*cking fantasy such as “I was a Para hoffi-sar” are generally just sad.

The thing that really irritates me though is when people are found out that they are spouting sh*t they then start yelling Wah all over the place to try and justify their statements. There is F*ck all I can do about stopping any of this, however, I just though I would get it off my chest.

Or if I have been educated wrongly on the use of the Wah please educate me :?

(That’s much better, now were did I put my slippers, time for my afternoon nap)

2. Your description of a "Wah" is spot on. I also a gree with what you said.

A well thought out wah is comedy genius

3. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! :D

4. Beat me to it, 2Sugars. Bugger. Oh well, while I'm here:

WAH!!

5. Come on, this has to be a wind up!!! :wink:

6. I think it pure f*cking fantasy myself :p

7. Coming from you, yes it would be! :wink:

8. Apologies,hope it didn't wind you up,or is that just my fantasy?? :wink:

9. Damn out-walted (or is it walt-outed :? ) at last :D

(pity this will be holed it might have stopped at least a couple of bone threads :cry: )

10. when did you think of Jonno_Jonno as anything but tiresome?

11. Can I just interject my jizz into the mix- as a civvy F2 and looking to join up, we also appreciate the WAH! Few days ago and after declaring TOD to the nurse, she asked, 'shall I have him taken to the mortuary.....'

The appropriate repsonse would obviuosly have been 'no, take him to the cafeteria and have him served up as dish of the day.....' however, falling for it, I said, yeas, take him to the mortuary.

THe nurse let out a long bovine wail which sounded like your WAH only about ten secs longer before I relaised they were all laughing at me.

Must try it when breaking the death news. Mrs Smith, although your son lost his head in the crash, he's fine............MMMMMMMMWAWWWWAAAAHHHHHHHHH