• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

WAH RECOGNITION

Several fucking threads on here, pointing to a fucking WAH, when the poster clearly has no fucking idea what constitutes a fucking wah and what fucking doesn't!! If you dont fucking know the difference between a fucking wah and a fucking walt

DONT FUCKING CALL WAH!!! :x :x

Edited to add - i dont hate civvys, i used to be one, but this site is getting wank because its full of people who have no clue about service life and its ups/downs/humour etc

OLDBIGHEAD said:
Several fucking threads on here, pointing to a fucking WAH, when the poster clearly has no fucking idea what constitutes a fucking wah and what fucking doesn't!! If you dont fucking know the difference between a fucking wah and a fucking walt

DONT FUCKING CALL WAH!!! :x :x
Think he's got a problem expressing himself ;-)

I also like the NAH which was awarded for stating the obvious.

Picture the scene:

Three of you are walking down the road. Your knuckles are raw, you are spattered in blood and have various injuries.
A monkey Rover pulls up.

Matey says: We're in the shit.
Reply: NAH! (some say No Shit Sherlock.)

Monkey gets out of Rover
Have you guys been fighting?
Reply: WAH!

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
ringdoby said:
Is there a word for asking a question with a blatantly obvious answer?
You may be missing the point. When a crow asks a question with a blatantly obvious answer thats not a 'wah'. To be a wah the wah-maker has got to know the answer and fool the wahree into making a serious answer. Like I'm doing now.

It seems the problem lies with some sunshine bus pass holders thinking that a Wah is the same as a wind up? So what is current miltiary parlance for a good old fashioned wind up?

This is not a carefully baited Wah trap......or is it?

BuggerAll said:
ringdoby said:
You may be missing the point. When a crow asks a question with a blatantly obvious answer thats not a 'wah'. To be a wah the wah-maker has got to know the answer and fool the wahree into making a serious answer. Like I'm doing now.
Ah. :)

BuggerAll said:
ringdoby said:
Wahree, now there's a good word. Wah-maker, not so catchy but then waher sounds like stifled sneeze.
There's got to be a better word than wah-maker though. What to call the sadly illusive maker of the wah? Wah-wrangler? Wah-nofthosethings? Who knows?