WAH 64 Crash

beaker said:
What's a WAH 64? Is it like an Apache AH1?
Apache and AH1 are two different choppers........so that makes three of you.......... :wink:

Is this a WAH??? 8O

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Muttley said:
Think the point here is that the AAC dropped WAH
Dropped as in 'it crashed' ?

quickstop said:
Any credence to this rumour?
If not we could start one?

I thought I saw one sinking in some marsh land of Morecambe bay, I forgot to get teh tail number though

so nothing about the abbo setting the hover mode to transition mode (not an AH driver so forgive me) by mistake and drifting into the trees at 11 kts, then the QHI thinking he had an engine failure, flying off before observing the Torques and concluding he had better land sharp?

Damage to the tail rotor, stabiliser and one side of the aircraft?

Perhaps not a crash then......

If you know so much about it quickstop, why are you fishing to find out if it happened, it seems you know all there is to know or are you just into spreading gossip.

neodyniumyag said:
If you know so much about it quickstop, why are you fishing to find out if it happened, it seems you know all there is to know or are you just into spreading gossip.
The latter, neodyniomyag. This is after all the Army Rumour Service.

(Should'nt it be Neodymium? Would have thought you would have known that ;))

HighPressureHose said:
engee said:
beaker said:
What's a WAH 64? Is it like an Apache AH1?
Apache and AH1 are two different choppers........so that makes three of you.......... :wink:
Helicopter, cab or "helly". Not Chopper, that's an axe.

Not even "helly" makes you sound like a 3 year old, cab is okay but why not just stay with Apache, Gazelle and Lynx.

However it says on the MOD web site that it is the Apache AH Mk1 (WAH 64 Apache Longbow) so you can call it any of them since its okay with the MOD and is it not policy to use appoved names.

The other thing AH has nothing to do with Attack Helicopter it means ARMY HELICOPTER if I am not mistaken Lynx XX153 at the Museum is an AH MK1 and the first Gazelle in the service were AH MK 1 AH1 means nothing even the Scout was an AH MK1 in 1960 and before you all say anything about the Sioux (Bell 47G) yes it to was an AH MK 1 just look here http://www.whl.co.uk/history_timeline3.cfm 1960 for the Scout and 1962 for the Sioux or here http://www.whl.co.uk/history_timeline3.cfm in the case of the Lynx and Gazelle under the years 1970, 1971 and 1972

Lets not get into MK (Mark/modifaction) numbers.

It will get better when they have a few more hours on the Big Grey War Canoe......Anyone else fancy flying a rotary wing brick from a ship with no emergency floats?

Furryturd said:
It will get better when they have a few more hours on the Big Grey War Canoe......Anyone else fancy flying a rotary wing brick from a ship with no emergency floats?
Why? We've been doing it for years with Lynx and Gazelle. Ask 847 (formerly 3 BAS. Yes, I know, the floppies occasionaly had bags but they were as useful as Tescos carriers if needed in anger).

(BTW, the helly/cab/chopper/helicopter doesnt know you are over the oggin anyway ;))

Seal_Master. I'll bet you are a hit with the laydeez.

The Lord Flasheart said:
Furryturd said:
Why? We've been doing it for years with Lynx and Gazelle. Ask 847 (formerly 3 BAS. Yes, I know, the floppies occasionaly had bags but they were as useful as Tescos carriers if needed in anger).

(BTW, the helly/cab/chopper/helicopter doesnt know you are over the oggin anyway ;))

It appears my LORD has problems with the memory and has forgotten that within the mighty old 3 BAS they did have a device fitted to their Gazelles I must however respect THE OLD LORDS comments on the Lynx but from what I remember was/is there not an emergency floatation device upon which our Mighty Lynx crew rest their bottom?

(BTW,"helly" still makes the person saying it sound like a 3 year old, and yes a "chopper" is an old style bicycle with a centre mounted gear change which you know well my LORD)

Seal_Master said:
The Lord Flasheart said:
Furryturd said:

It appears my LORD has problems with the memory and has forgotten that within the mighty old 3 BAS they did have a device fitted to their Gazelles I must however respect THE OLD LORDS comments on the Lynx but from what I remember was/is there not an emergency floatation device upon which our Mighty Lynx crew rest their bottom?

(BTW,"helly" still makes the person saying it sound like a 3 year old, and yes a "chopper" is an old style bicycle with a centre mounted gear change which you know well my LORD)
Which is why I said the floppies had float kit fitted occasionly. Skidded Lynx, to my knowledge have never had float capability. If you are refering to BA individual dinghy pack that Lynx crews (and Gazelle) park thier botty on then you are slightly wrong again. It is worn 'parachute' fashion on the back. Not exactly aircraft emergency float kit, more of individual survival kit.

I mentioned you may be a hit with the laydeez due to your 'interesting' attention to detail;

However it says on the MOD web site that it is the Apache AH Mk1 (WAH 64 Apache Longbow) so you can call it any of them since its okay with the MOD and is it not policy to use appoved names.

The other thing AH has nothing to do with Attack Helicopter it means ARMY HELICOPTER if I am not mistaken Lynx XX153 at the Museum is an AH MK1 and the first Gazelle in the service were AH MK 1 AH1 means nothing even the Scout was an AH MK1 in 1960 and before you all say anything about the Sioux (Bell 47G) yes it to was an AH MK 1 just look here www.whl.co.uk/history_timeline3.cfm 1960 for the Scout and 1962 for the Sioux or here www.whl.co.uk/history_timeline3.cfm in the case of the Lynx and Gazelle under the years 1970, 1971 and 1972

Lets not get into MK (Mark/modifaction) numbers.
Do you have all the Observers Book of Aircraft? ;)