WAGs Exercise?!?

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by CLMINSTR1, Dec 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening Everyone, I just wondered if anyone has organised a wives exercise or if anyone has any information on how you go about organising one? In the UK.

I am sure there will be a barrage of abuse, but someone must have done one before........

Cheers

:santa:

2. Chase em with dogs :p

3. BATUS have one every year (or used to). Speak to the RSM.

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Might I suggest that you talk to the leading lights of the Wives Club? (That'll be Mrs CO and Mrs RSM (unless your unit has gone completely co-ed)).

5. Thanks Dingerr, I was in BATUS when they did one, it was more like wives Adv Trg though and I am looking at making them lepoard crawl at least.......

6. Just do a simple exercise.

Issue them with ponchos and doss bags and get them to camp out over night.

Give them hexis and rats.

They can do little things like how to move without a weapon. Stick them on a night nav, with RVs with wine to be collected.

Put thm on the range with one on one supervision.

7. I would do, but the CO is female and they have never done a wives exercise here before.......

8. Do not use any ammunition or explosives.
    Do not use any ammunition or explosives.

• Like Like x 10
  9. Thanks mate, I was looking for advice on the legality of it, insurance for instance and funding etc etc i.e are the rations provided free from the QMs? Cost of coach to get them to the Trg Area? taking civilians on a Trg area?!?

10. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

And? I'm sure that your CO would welcome your approach for advice (maybe one of her pervious units HAS done such an exercise), the Wives Club will welcome some input and Mrs RSM will almost certainly be overjoyed to be involved.

Don't forget to involve Soldier Magazine, the Regimental/Corps journal and the local press.

Thinking about it, I'm fairly certain the Gunner Magazine has, in the past, carried coverage of such exercises. It's on-line and a quick read through should be able to give you some pointers.

11. We did two (about 5 years ago so legalities may have changed) one for wives and one for father inlaws.

Contact your brigade g7 peeps.

I think we chopped money from the PRI etc to assist.

Unless dingerr knows something new about ammo, SASC would be a good start for civvies on ranges.

12. As far as the legality for civilians goes, consider that cadets are civilians and often go on exercise.

You'll need to write up the exercise and include such things as med cover and evacuation plans, possibly Risk Assessments as well.

Try contacting an ACF and ask them or get hold of the cadet handbook (is it JSP 316?). This may help.

13. Copy what Dinger said do not let the wives near live ammo! On ours the wives did some drill, some command tasks, weapon handling drills and were then taken on the DCCT with one on one supervision. This was then followed in the evening by a bbq and the wives sleeping out under poncho. Next day, a few different activities.

14. We did three, one for wives, one for father inlaws and one for favourite uncles.

15. Not sure why I wrote Father in Laws...

Fathers, for Father's day.

On the fathers' one theey had a drive around in a 43, a pistol range and a dinner night.