• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Wagon ring mounts

Hi all
As the guys who should know im coming here asking a favour.
Trying to gauge opinion from anyone who has used these type of mounts on the various trucks in service. Preferably in anger rather than up t'range but of course all info is welcome.
Please pm me if there is anything that should be not in the public domain.
Thanks in advance
Catch

I think I'm right in saying 7 Tpt Regt were the first Unit to fit (and use) capola mounts, if this is an official enquiry you could contact the OpsO. Failing this try 2 LSR.

Ford_Prefect said:
I think I'm right in saying 7 Tpt Regt were the first Unit to fit (and use) capola mounts, if this is an official enquiry you could contact the OpsO. Failing this try 2 LSR.
WE WERE FIRST TO GET THEM ITS TRUE

Catchyer....as promised, ages ago(Sorry!) pics of new MAN Support Vehicle cupola...

Last one...

Ford_Prefect said:
On what vehicles? Ring mounts were issued and used extensively during GW1.

C5H12O
Thanks for all your help so far
Off up to see the beggars tmoro too.
Anyone that has used a ring mount GW1 to the present day with GPMG please join the 'fray
Cheers all
Catch

Is that the bedford 4 tonner replacment chassis or just special to task fuel bower thingy ? Any more pics of the cab inside ?

C5H12O said:
Catchyer....as promised, ages ago(Sorry!) pics of new MAN Support Vehicle cupola...

Im very suspicious of the beer barrels in the left of the shot, have they welded them altogether and added it to the back for the REME Variant shown here?! :wink: :lol: :wink:

polar69 said:
Is that the bedford 4 tonner replacment chassis or just special to task fuel bower thingy ? Any more pics of the cab inside ?
The whole 8tonne, 4 tonne and 14tonne vehicles will be replaced by MAN trucks. Either the HX or SX family of vehicles, depending on which role.
The pic you see is the Unit Support Tanker which is the UBRE replacement. All the new vehicles will share a lot of commonality so spares, training etc will be a lot easier. The new Recovery Vehicle will also be a MAN vehicle.
I ahve some pics of the cab...will try and upload today sometime.

polar69 said:
The whole 8tonne, 4 tonne and 14tonne vehicles will be replaced by MAN trucks. Either the HX or SX family of vehicles, depending on which role.
The pic you see is the Unit Support Tanker which is the UBRE replacement. All the new vehicles will share a lot of commonality so spares, training etc will be a lot easier. The new Recovery Vehicle will also be a MAN vehicle.
I ahve some pics of the cab...will try and upload today sometime.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mr Happy Weapons, Equipment & Rations 63
clayp1g Shooting, Hunting and Fishing 34
Gary Cooper The NAAFI Bar 216