Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Wagner Watch - the Russian PMC

First documented use of the phrase was in Vietnam................so, nothing original there,.....again.
(O/T) it's an old Blues standard lyric

' I got a heart full of trouble, a house full of sin.
And things are bad as they ever been.
If trouble were money,
I'd have more money than any man should.

I'm open for business in your neighborhood,
The blues is my business - and business is good. '
(/OT)

(O/T) it's an old Blues standard lyric

' I got a heart full of trouble, a house full of sin.
And things are bad as they ever been.
If trouble were money,
I'd have more money than any man should.

I'm open for business in your neighborhood,
The blues is my business - and business is good. '
(/OT)

Don't you just hate a clever dicky?? :)

Always willing to learn, thank you, sir. Some brightspark GI obviously paraphrased it from the lyrics then.

Whilst I quite like blues and jazz i am not one for learning lyrics, I just know when a tune is pleasant to my ear, or not, and when the musician has talent. I'm liking Christone "Kingfish" Ingram, the video is in Morgan Freeman's (the actor) Blues Club in Mississippi - a bucket list visit for me.

Back to Wagner quickly, just because..........

One of their contractors ploughed in this week in an SU-25. Retired Russian Air Force Major General Kanamat Botashev, 63 was the contractor, shot down by a UKR's using (presumably) a stinger manpad. This bring the termination of Russians with General rank to 13.

Don't you just hate a clever dicky?? :)

Always willing to learn, thank you, sir. Some brightspark GI obviously paraphrased it from the lyrics then.
Yes.
And I only know it 'cos a mate sings it every other week when he does a set.
I can only find an Etta James version from 2003, so it may well be pre Vietnam vintage originally....but I suspect it was first recorded by some ol Deep South bluesman with an unlikely name like 'Blind Lemon Howlin Porkbelly Poe ' , in the 1930s ! :-D