I out drank every one today...beer, pastis, whisky, red wine
One bint, there was a couple, asked me if i would like some fresh water
Gave her a scowl and mumbled something like,GFY dozy cow
Not even to shave myself
Any gen on Wagner from yer man?

Igor is one of the serious types
5 years legion and then Wagner
Has decided to settle for good here in France
(Served in the Dombass with Wagner and other private contractors in Africain countries

@ Condotterie : Jock Harris ring a bell ?
The only Harris I recall was not Scottish (or if he was, he didn't sound it and I never heard him referred to as "Jock").

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The only Harris I recall was not Scottish (or if he was, he didn't sound it and I never heard him referred to as "Jock").
I've never heard French in a Scottish accent, but am looking forward to the day I do.

Ah huv. "Je ne dinnae ken pas" during French class, aged about 13, which irritated Mr Zalewski, our exiled Polish languages master.

glad rag

Old-Salt
I've never heard French in a Scottish accent, but am looking forward to the day I do.
You've missed the boat, Airbus 2004-8 @Toulouse, my pigeon glaswegian accented francais was a delight for the natural born speakers. "roll your tongue" the ladies would say....

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
You've missed the boat, Airbus 2004-8 @Toulouse, my pigeon glaswegian accented francais was a delight for the natural born speakers. "roll your tongue" the ladies would say....
But it comes naturally to them, you can always tell a French woman by the way she rolls her r's.

Wagner has been recruiting New recruits from Russian (others?) prisons
They are used in a logistique rôle...munition transport etc
Will explain in time in depth the actual 3 catégories of the items

In depth article about the politics behind the Russian PMC world.

In depth article about the politics behind the Russian PMC world.
Very interesting. There seems to be a number of PMCs extant, but I don’t recall seeing any information on any but Wagner anywhere.

Very interesting. There seems to be a number of PMCs extant, but I don’t recall seeing any information on any but Wagner anywhere.
Wagner seems to be an umbrella and clearing house, but there are a few other loose groups out there.
It's getting more like the medieval Free Companies all the time.

With the exception that they are all ultimately controlled by the Kremlin.
That sort of goes without saying, but which bit of the Kremlin? It's not a government so much as an organised crime syndicate with an army.
The ownership of the asset, (and it's soldiers) seems to swing between the head of army catering and the ministry of defence.