waffle

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by The_Magician, Feb 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey Guyss

Reading through some these posts and I have to say WTF has happened I beleive the 1.5 mile BFT is now done in training shoes? Back in the late 70's and 80's when you run in boots and lightweights (Green Trousers) anyone under a time 8:30 was a wanker or nearing 40 YO

Also there was a high percentage of the Bn regularly getting under 7:30

Magic

Light the blue touch paper and stand well back.....

2. We're living in a fatter society these days!

3. Give over, it's only running for gods sake. One foot in front of the other, and keep pushing to see how fast you can go, or how long you can go. It's not rocket science.

4. Fartleks Is pretty much how I run, my time is around 10:30 I'd just like to get it down some... But thanks for the time and advice...

5. It is also about levels. If someone is struggling to do a mile and a half in under 10.30 then they are definitely going to struggle doing fartleks. They need to improve their general running ability before going on to do them seriously.

I'm sure they will take on your expert advice of just putting one foot in front of the other though. Superb!

6. first attempt at 1.5mile run and done it in 10 minutes dead :)

7. My first attempt was 11mins dead! Actually not bad. I'm a short arrse, Running never been my strong point!

8. im quite tall, so i have an advantage there :p