Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Builds wadi where? blind sided having a go with an sdkfz 222/223 Western Desert group build

Right, popping my thread cherry with an attempt to join the group build, please excuse my mongness with photography.
I am going to attempt a diorama depicting the recce platoon not lost, but otherwise located in the desert.
Kits involved are both Tamiya sdkfz 222 and 223 and involve my first foray in to PE and metal barrel parts.

Here come (hopefully) some photos 20210102_060437_resized.jpg
The kit box photo! I found it !
20210104_161419_resized.jpg
Kit parts laid out to try and end my confusion
20210104_170140_resized.jpg
Undercarriage sort of completed
20210105_104857_resized.jpg
And the 20mm gun with seats attached

20210105_112924_resized.jpg

Definitely not up to the standard of most on here, but getting a great kick out of it so far.
Now for some paint and maybe a bit of drivers position detail, I'll have to scratchbuild or rob from another kit probably

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Tweaked the title a little for you so as it's easier to find that way, Crack on as mentioned earlier the standard is your own nobody elses. Looking forward to seeing it go on.

Daz

LE
I built that many, many years ago, nice little kit

Welcome on board and looking forward to seeing you crack on!

Right, popping my thread cherry with an attempt to join the group build, please excuse my mongness with photography.
I am going to attempt a diorama depicting the recce platoon not lost, but otherwise located in the desert.
Kits involved are both Tamiya sdkfz 222 and 223 and involve my first foray in to PE and metal barrel parts.

Here come (hopefully) some photosView attachment 536295
The kit box photo! I found it !
View attachment 536298
Kit parts laid out to try and end my confusion
View attachment 536299
Undercarriage sort of completed
View attachment 536300
And the 20mm gun with seats attached

View attachment 536301

Definitely not up to the standard of most on here, but getting a great kick out of it so far.
Now for some paint and maybe a bit of drivers position detail, I'll have to scratchbuild or rob from another kit probably

...and that's the whole point in a nutshell. ;-)

I might have get my excuses in now so folks understand why I'm moving slower than molasses in winter. My Mrs has been diagnosed with something pretty serious, and, rightly my attention is with her and our son, and the hound, and the shopping, and all the other stuff that has to be done.
I think I have worked out I might get a tiny bit of time on Sundays and Mondays, enough of the whining from me, on with the build so far.
20210110_181737_resized.jpg

Just trying a dry fit(fnar fnar) and seeing if I like the bloke in the loaders position.
20210110_181718_resized.jpg

Daz

LE

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
.... 1/8000 is a remarkably slow shutter speed..... where cakes & @Ian525 are involved!
Amended for a reality check :)

Thanks for that link, I used the J button because I thought I remenbered that post but couldn't find it.
Really looks like a 1-1 scale model by hobby boss !

SWMBO is responding to the drug treatments and prognosis is good, but might be a year or more before she's anything like "normal"

....for what it's worth, please pass on our regards .
(and let her know a group of aging physically and mentally challenged people are thinking of her )

Daz

LE
Thanks for that link, I used the J button because I thought I remenbered that post but couldn't find it.
Really looks like a 1-1 scale model by hobby boss !

SWMBO is responding to the drug treatments and prognosis is good, but might be a year or more before she's anything like "normal"
Thats good to hear, all the best to the LHCO

I might have get my excuses in now so folks understand why I'm moving slower than molasses in winter. My Mrs has been diagnosed with something pretty serious, and, rightly my attention is with her and our son, and the hound, and the shopping, and all the other stuff that has to be done.
I think I have worked out I might get a tiny bit of time on Sundays and Mondays, enough of the whining from me, on with the build so far.
View attachment 538520
Just trying a dry fit(fnar fnar) and seeing if I like the bloke in the loaders position.
View attachment 538521
My very best wishes and regards to you and yours.
A spot of modelling is good stress relief.

Latest Threads