Wacky American recruiting idea

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Mar 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Seems such a good idea that I tried to join. I assume that an M-Day National Guard is equivalent to TA.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the form to accept an english shire instead of a state.

WTF has the shirt size got to do with eligibility to recruit?

3. Could we do something similar to assist recruitment within the Corps? We could call it Corps Recruitment Assistance Programme, or C-RAP.

4. $2,000 for each recruit that reports for basic training (no mention of recruiting?). Right YOU lot, this is how we split the take!

However I am not sure I want anything to do with 'Recruiting Ass'. My PSAO is already worried enough by my referring to our recruiting as him 'procuring recruits'!

5. After all, soliciting's illegal ;)

6. Talking about T Shirts dio anyone see the USMC recruitung doc on TV last month ? Very interesting sales approach that they had. One thing that stuck in my mind was one total waster popping in and asking for a different colour t shirt, they got them when they were accepted for basic, thing was about 5 mins earlier he was trying to get out of hus contract, had serious priority issues

he didn't make it