W O ranks

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by flyinghussar, Feb 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just been looking on IMDB having just watched Ice Cold In Alex for the upteenth time great film and note Harry Andrews rank is listed as MSM Tom Pugh. Could someone clarify this rank. I know about ASM and BSM and SSM ofcourse. Obviously WO2 but I am not, being ex cav, sure about this one. Motor maybe!!

2. Mechanical Sgt Maj

ARRSE

SK

3. Thank you for that I will sleep tonight. guess thats fairly to the Articifer SM.

4. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I was nosing about in a bookshop (might have been Sussex Stationers in Southampton. Dunno why it's called that: Southampton's in Hants) last weekend and noticed that Ice Cold In Alex was available in paperback at a very pleasant price. It would have been an even more pleasant price if there had been ANYTHING else on the pile worthy of 2 for a fiver or whatever the offer was, so I didn't pick it up.

I am sure it'll be there next time I look. I doubt the publishers only printed the one copy on a whim after all these for no good reason. Considering the books that are no longer in print, I was pleased to see this one on the shelves.