Vuze

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Grey_Mafia65, Jan 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I use Vuze mainly to download television series but since their lastest update (to V4.8.1.2/4 az3), the search function isn't finding episodes of programmes, even ones that I've downloaded previously.

Anyone know why this is or have I just hit a bug with the new version?

2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

vuze is just the client not the source of the torrents and it could be its being blocked or suspended as there has been lot of problems out there over the xmas period with sites server hopping or going offline.

you can try a fresh install or go back to the old version, if its a problem with the software, apparently the search templates aren't working properly so should get sorted soon.

have you tried the sites direct instead like torlock, 1337x, the mirror bay etc...

3. I use Isohunt to find the content and download via Vuze.

4. I thought a vuze was a trumpet thing that people take to sporting events to annoy people.

5. Yeah. The search function on vuze is useless. kat.ph conquers all. Once you find the one you want (most seeds, fewest leechers) just click download torrent and it will automatically open in vuze.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using black magic and other types of dark sorcery.

6. I didn't have any problems with the search function at all until the latest upgrade. Now it seems to only be searching four sites and although it says I can add sites for it to search, the instructions for doing so seem to be written in double Dutch...

7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

some sites may have been removed if they were full of viruses and malware or if they moved server. there's lots of shuffling about at the moment and some big names have disappeared.