Vulcan Test Flight - History Channel 3pm Thursday

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by 58_Pattern, Jan 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For anyone of my vintage who can remember the mighty Vulcan. There is a one hour documentary this Thursday at 1500hrs. It is unique footage of the first flight of auld tin triangle after her being on the ground for 14yrs.

I have decided to throw a mini party and am going to have a few of the chaps round for afternoon drinks & food and watch the 1hr documentary.

Can't wait to see her on the airshow scene this year.

Make sure you Sky Plus it or record it on a DVD.
  2. Can't wait to see it. How sure can we be that it will be up to a full airshow season? Must cost a hefty trouser full of cash to keep it in the air.

I watched the proud owner of a Shackleton fire up one engine for a ground test, letting it tick over for a few minutes.

The one engine drank £600 of fuel and there was no way the engine or props would be considered airworthy.

Worth every penny on another level, mind.
  3. Damn it, I can't get the History channel!!
  4. Hopefully it will be bittorrent or one of these web based TV servers. I will ask some of the IT bods tommorow at work.

These things are normally available free online within 48hrs of transmission.

I will post some links for folk overseas or who did not record it to watch it as a streamed movie online.

Rgds 58
  5. No probs mate,for a temporary fix just go to youtube and type in Vulcan, there are quite a few pieces of footage.