Vulcan takes to the air again

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Speedy, Oct 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Damn, you beat me to it...

I was going to point out that maybe this is the way we will have to go to get repairs/updates to current equipment. The Government clearly cannot be bothered and its amazing that there was no need to set up a massive consortium (e.g. Westland) to get some repairs done :roll:

The MOD has probably added this aircraft to the reserve inventory just in case (it can't be cut back after all).

Right chaps someone just needs to get a few Sea Harriers updated, a decent carrier to launch them and then we can start on the backlog of destroyed tanks, Snatch vehicles and other losses of the past few years.

2. I seen it, I seen it flying!!!

Well, it WAS on the local magazine programme on ITV, but still :oops:

Good to see the old girl flying again

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I read the first line and was mouthing 'b@stard' :)

Glad they managed it. It's one of the loudest, most impressive aircraft to see at an airshow. Looking forward to the airshow season next year and getting to see her fly.

I'm in a very good mood now :D

4. good news indeed, will it make it to falklands again? maybe a low fly over argieland? with a sign on the bottom saying 'IM BACK!!!!!'

5. Exelent , well done to the restoration team .
    Last time I only heard one fly over us , a triumph twice over.

WW

6. I remember an raf engineer telling me they once found a chair in the fuel tank of a vulcan

7. It wasn't me that left it in there chief!

Only worked on a Vulcan once when I was 'volunteered' to help with the installation of a main undercarriage leg. A welcome change from working on Phantoms.

I too can't wait until Airshow season starts again next year. A Vulcan with its undercarriage down, doing a slow run across the front of the crowd completely blows your eardrums. Take earplugs for that one. Guaranteed to get your bones shaking too. :D

8. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Fantastic news.

Have memories of the Vulcan going overhead at Waddington airshow many moons ago, ground trembling, eardrums bleeding, but rooted to the spot in awe.

Amazing aircraft, and very well done to the team that threw her back up where she belongs. Lets hope to see lots of her in the future.

9. The noise! The noise! The wonderous noise!

Well done all - a sterling achievment. She still looks the business.

10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Any body local in York
    They are running the engines on the Victor Tanker and a Bucconeer up at Elvington Tommorrow

I'll see if I can find a link
    Well done the Vulcon team should never have been left to get into that state in the first place
    I used to go at Lunch and sit by the side of the runway at Cranwell to watch the Waddo one do circuits and bumps
    Spectacular :D

11. Think i'll turn the tv up very loud when it comes on. Awesome!

12. Been following the progress on this, seems to have come on in leaps and bounds in the past few weeks, glad to see its up and flying.

The Vulcan at Blackpool is up for sale at currently 6 grand buyer collects!!

13. Is it at all possible that there was ever a black painted Vulcan, around 1971?