Vulcan for Sale

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Bravo_Bravo, Nov 1, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now that was a real Aircraft!!!!!!! I remember the days when the skys where filled with them......................................... sigh

Easesprings goes off to reminisce
  2. There's ona at Southend airport that an enthusiasts (anoraks) group occasionally take a trip up and down the taxi-way. They're hoping to get it airworthy:
  3. doesnt look like a vulcan to me, wheres the ears?

4. Geeeeeeeeeee we have a comedian in the house :lol: :lol: :lol:
  5. I thank you, youve been a great audience
  6. Do you do kids parties?????
  7. I think it's a bit tight that they won't pick up the postage!
  8. Well, they have got all the other planes to consider:

200 odd Jaguars
    100 odd Tornados

Plus all the Rapiers, RAF Regiment berets, desks, comfy chairs, air conditionig units, big tents, XL size belts etc etc.

Parcel Force couldn't cope.
  9. I almost feel sorry for the RAF Regt - almost. At least the Officers have some prospects - I mean the Gunners are always looking for average quality NCOs. Of course this would mean the RAF Regiment Officers improving their standard of dress before being allowed into an RA Cpls' Mess. Even they don't allow grey, slip-on shoes :lol:
  10. Ah, but what about 'Disney' ties.
  11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

12. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt the Vulcan complete shite even when new. Come to think of it, apart from the Harrier, when did we last have a decent combat aircraft? :?
  13. It was the Valient that was utter shite.

Last decent combat aircraft was UK designed TSR2. Cancelled by Labour government in the 60's. :cry: