Vulcan for Sale

Now that was a real Aircraft!!!!!!! I remember the days when the skys where filled with them......................................... sigh

Easesprings goes off to reminisce

easesprings said:
Now that was a real Aircraft!!!!!!! I remember the days when the skys where filled with them......................................... sigh

There's ona at Southend airport that an enthusiasts (anoraks) group occasionally take a trip up and down the taxi-way. They're hoping to get it airworthy:
http://www.airshows.org.uk/2004/linkline/vulcan.html

Bravo_Bravo said:
Errr.. a Vulcan is for Sale...
doesnt look like a vulcan to me, wheres the ears?

Filbert Fox said:
Bravo_Bravo said:
Errr.. a Vulcan is for Sale...
doesnt look like a vulcan to me, wheres the ears?

Geeeeeeeeeee we have a comedian in the house :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thank you, youve been a great audience

Filbert Fox said:
I thank you, youve been a great audience
Do you do kids parties?????

I think it's a bit tight that they won't pick up the postage!

Well, they have got all the other planes to consider:

200 odd Jaguars
100 odd Tornados

Plus all the Rapiers, RAF Regiment berets, desks, comfy chairs, air conditionig units, big tents, XL size belts etc etc.

Parcel Force couldn't cope.

CrapSpy said:
Plus all the Rapiers, RAF Regiment berets, desks, comfy chairs, air conditionig units, big tents, XL size belts etc etc.
I almost feel sorry for the RAF Regt - almost. At least the Officers have some prospects - I mean the Gunners are always looking for average quality NCOs. Of course this would mean the RAF Regiment Officers improving their standard of dress before being allowed into an RA Cpls' Mess. Even they don't allow grey, slip-on shoes :lol:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt the Vulcan complete shite even when new. Come to think of it, apart from the Harrier, when did we last have a decent combat aircraft? :?

It was the Valient that was utter shite.

Last decent combat aircraft was UK designed TSR2. Cancelled by Labour government in the 60's. :cry:

Tornado GR4 is now an excellent A/C

Tornado GR4 is now an excellent A/C

F

fozzy

easesprings said:

Indeed. The noise of them was amazing. This particular specimen is in very poor condtion and is very badly corroded, after being outside for 20 years. Sadly it is fit only for high grade scrap.

This thread allows me to deploy this hoary old chesnut:
What do Port Stanley Airport and Spocks mother have in common?
They've both been f**ked by Vulcans...!

I thengyew

when did we last have a decent combat aircraft?

Yes I know it's a 19.

2 Engines and a Gas Tank , put still the fastest to altiude interceptor until the F-15.

The Hawker Hunter - Beautiful. This is a Somali one

Photocopyright - Mick Toal/Hyperscale.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HENDO Weapons, Equipment & Rations 16
Chalky Current Affairs, News and Analysis 51
TheLordFlasheart Aviation 15