Vulcan Bomber - GET IN!

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by EX_STAB, Jan 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Excellent vid.
    The RAF has been just a Army support arm sunce it lost its stratigic arm.
    john

2. I sat in Vulcan XL391 at Blackpool and touched the white one at Woodford

Should have survived as a tanker?, Well the Victor did and still should

Any HP Victor videos?

3. Fantastic vid, so graceful and still looks ultra modern.

fastmedic

4. Yes, it was pretty good kit for its day - which lasted until the Polaris boats became operational. After that it was a liability and should have been scrapped. Vulcan at low level - what a joke!

Just another example of defence policy neglect by successive governments.

5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Done well on Red Flag a few times! Beat the yanks.

7. I remember it at Biggin Hill, blasting past and setting off all the car alarms

8. Just read book about about the raid on Stanley airport. Ripping yarn stuff!

9. Vulcan 607
    [​IMG]

Good book!! Made me laugh in places too... like the description of Air To Air refuelling... "like taking a running fcuk at a rolling doughnut".

And the fact that when the Vulcan was on it's bombing run the fuel in it's engines had been through 7 aircraft aleady!!!

10. A great book, it took 12 tankers to get 1 vulcan on target and the needed to rob bits from museum pieces to get the docking probes working

11. Was hosted by the Vulcan servicing wing at Akrotiri when the Sh*t hit the fan when the turks invaded. Close up, a truly awesome, elegant machine.

12. Had the pleasure of watching that aircraft perform during her last days 'in uniform'. My ears have never recovered!

Great news to hear that she will get into the air again this year.

13. Flying into cyprus many years ago in a vicy 10 saw three in formation below ,would of been a great photo . If found takeing \with any, big high jump then