Vulcan Bomber - GET IN!

I sat in Vulcan XL391 at Blackpool and touched the white one at Woodford

Should have survived as a tanker?, Well the Victor did and still should

Any HP Victor videos?

Yes, it was pretty good kit for its day - which lasted until the Polaris boats became operational. After that it was a liability and should have been scrapped. Vulcan at low level - what a joke!

Just another example of defence policy neglect by successive governments.

Vasco said:
Yes, it was pretty good kit for its day - which lasted until the Polaris boats became operational. After that it was a liability and should have been scrapped. Vulcan at low level - what a joke!

Just another example of defence policy neglect by successive governments.
Done well on Red Flag a few times! Beat the yanks.

Vulcan 607

Good book!! Made me laugh in places too... like the description of Air To Air refuelling... "like taking a running fcuk at a rolling doughnut".

And the fact that when the Vulcan was on it's bombing run the fuel in it's engines had been through 7 aircraft aleady!!!

HVM_Boy said:
Vulcan 607

Good book!! Made me laugh in places too... like the description of Air To Air refuelling... "like taking a running fcuk at a rolling doughnut".

And the fact that when the Vulcan was on it's bombing run the fuel in it's engines had been through 7 aircraft aleady!!!
A great book, it took 12 tankers to get 1 vulcan on target and the needed to rob bits from museum pieces to get the docking probes working

Was hosted by the Vulcan servicing wing at Akrotiri when the Sh*t hit the fan when the turks invaded. Close up, a truly awesome, elegant machine.

Had the pleasure of watching that aircraft perform during her last days 'in uniform'. My ears have never recovered!

Great news to hear that she will get into the air again this year.

Flying into cyprus many years ago in a vicy 10 saw three in formation below ,would of been a great photo . If found takeing \with any, big high jump then

oldbaldy

LE
I was refereeing a rugby match at Marham in the 80s when one was doing some practice take-offs and landings.
Bit of a battle trying to be heard!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
About mid-day on 7 January 1971 I was in an English Lesson at Northlea Grammar School in Seaham. At end of lesson, we all returned to out own classrooms. There we found the whole class sat staring out of the window, speechless, because they had just watch this happen:

http://www.neam.co.uk/wingate.html

Note how it landed between the village and the primary school.

XH558 is hopefully due to fly down the Mall on Sunday 17th June 2007, as part of the Falklands War 25th Anniversary celebrations- assuming it's ready, people are working really hard towards this goal/date.

One of our TA Sqn members works at Bruntingthorpe (Leicestershire) where it has been for years undergoing a massive refit for airwortyness certificate, etc. It got lottery funding and private/business sponsorship and should be on the airshow circuit from this year.

What an awesome aircraft!

AlienFTM said:
About mid-day on 7 January 1971 I was in an English Lesson at Northlea Grammar School in Seaham. At end of lesson, we all returned to out own classrooms. There we found the whole class sat staring out of the window, speechless, because they had just watch this happen:

http://www.neam.co.uk/wingate.html

Note how it landed between the village and the primary school.
Thanks for posting that. A very interesting read.

There is a Vulcan at Southend Airport on the road into Rochford (B1B fitted for the Blue Steel Stand Off weapon - I think). Sometimes the engines rev up - on Sunday morning FFS.

Saw them flying in Cyprus 1974 - I believe they were bombed up with conventional loads in case Johnny Turk got a bit over-enthusiastic.

Fantastic to see.

Also the ETPS used to have a Lightning that sometimes flew over LE(A) at Andover.

Gets Anorak and heads for nearest rail station :brilsmurf: