Vulcan at the Waddington Airshow

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Run_Charlie!, Jul 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This web site says the Vulcan will be flying at the Waddington Airshow.

Can forces types get in by showing the MOD 90? Or do we need tickets?!

2. Unless you're actually based there I think you will have to buy tickets.

Mine was booked weeks ago 8)

Fantastic news... I'm getting a lob on already! :wink:

3. Although it flew in there today I think it is only on static display over the weekend of the air show. According to this anyway:

linky:
    http://www.tvoc.co.uk/

Anyone know different?

4. Link - http://www.tvoc.co.uk/

STOP PRESS.....STOP PRESS.......STOP PRESS......

DISPLAY AUTHORITY GRANTED TO XH558 CREW

XH558 To Carry Out First Public Display At RAF Waddington International Airshow 5th/6th July 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message from the Chief Executive, VTST,
    3rd July 2008
    Dear Supporter

I am absolutely delighted to announce that Avro Vulcan B.Mk2 XH558 has today been granted her Permit to Fly on the UK Civil Register by the Civil Aviation Authority, and has subsequently landed safely at RAF Waddington to be present for this weekend’s airshow.

There are so many people and organizations to thank that I will have to make this the subject of a separate message. But principal amongst the contributors to this unique success whom I must thank here are:

· Our supporters in the public at large, including our Friends and the Members of the Vulcan to the Sky Club, who contributed much more than any other source towards returning their aircraft to flight, and who kept the faith through all of the ups and downs of the last few years.

· Marshall Aerospace, our Engineering Authority, without whose huge technical expertise, financial support and commitment we would not be seeing the Vulcan flying.

· The Heritage Lottery Fund, whose unprecedented award of a £2.7million grant arose from the belief that this unique piece of British heritage needed to be seen in the air to be fully appreciated.

· The Civil Aviation Authority, whose timely advice and assistance throughout the project has been invaluable.

· Finally, my own Vulcan to the Sky Team, whose energy, enthusiasm, experience, determination and total loyalty made the dream come true.

I’m not going to make my usual plea for donations now, because I would like you all to bask in the glory of what you have made possible.

Once again, many, many thanks.

Robert Pleming

PS – and if you would like to make a donation to ensure we can keep going, that would be splendid!

5. Yes, I've seen that. It states that display authority has been granted and that the aircraft will "be present".

It does not state that it will be in the air display.

I'm not trying to gainsay anyone but it looks far from certain that there will be a flying Vulcan on the day.

6. I think display in this case means flying display.

I don't think it would need to pass anything to be a static display.

From what I understand, Vulcan had already passed the fit to fly tests, and landed at Waddington this afternoon.

She/It then did a display flight for the inspectors, and was passed for airshow display over the weekend.

Weather permitting!

7. But when over the weekend!?

8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Looks like it flew under it's own steam.
    If not, it's bloody hard to spot the tow-rope.
    Video.