VSO Leaks Bollocking Leaked

Aye, us low lifes got a warning to not talk to any media types and refer them to the media office, my standard reply has not changed over the years.
Some aerticle appeared in the times apparently
"I know **** all, perhaps you newspaper punters can tell me what's happening"

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It's amazing how Arrse threads go off on weird and totally unconnected tangents. :D

Google translation = "Oh! Look at her! The monkey is in the tree!"
Google translation = "Me no. But my tailor, who is rich, is a big cheese."
Which is quite funny as that is normally the opening banter flying round our bistro on rugby afternoons.
(Or any other excuse for blokes to all get out of the house)
The fact that primary school English kids retain through life their one sentence of the French language involving monkeys in trees, and vice versa primary school French kids thinking all English people had a tailor.
Priceless.
Shit language classes both sides of the Channel then, not just us.

Which is quite funny as that is normally the opening banter flying round our bistro on rugby afternoons.
(Or any other excuse for blokes to all get out of the house)
The fact that primary school English kids retain through life their one sentence of the French language involving monkeys in trees, and vice versa primary school French kids thinking all English people had a tailor.
Priceless.
Shit language classes both sides of the Channel then, not just us.
I guess turning up to teach English in a French technical college wearing a proper Gieves suit must have reinforced that impression!
At the time, mid-70s, 'le O level Français ' was considered a dialect!

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Taken from the article:

Sedwill will be thinking, 'What resonates with an ex-home secretary Prime Minister - more tanks to be possibly used in some far off World War III, or cyber, the threat of now and device of modern warfare?'".....

Yeah because it's so easy to get the tanks and crews from nowhere at a minutes notice when Putin decides to play chess with his armoured divisions.
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that potentially, given that it's from an anonymous source anonymously briefing a separate set of circumstances involving other people who aren't presumed from the context to be hugely friendly to Sedwill or his aims...that might not be an entirely accurate or genuine reflection of what Sedwill actually thinks. It might be what is known to professionals in the trade as: bullshit.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Oh! Regardez la! Le singe est dans l’arbre!
Le chat est dans le chaise. La souris est sur la table. Et le singe...le singe a dispareu! Because the monkey would **** off, wouldn't it? Le singe fait des choses difficiles à dire en français...

Back when Eddie Izzard was funny.

I guess that when he was Chief Whip the current SofS was never involved in any "briefing' to the Press. That would be such an underhand way to keep your recalcitrant MPs in line.
Ah, but as Bernard Woolley reminded us in Yes Minister:
That's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I give confidential security briefings. You leak. He has been charged under section 2a of the Official Secrets Act.

Everyone forgets that this sort of game is a waste of time. The RAF have had the backroom politics, PR machine and silly buggers game sewn up nice and tid for years! :p

Latest Threads