VSO Leaks Bollocking Leaked

The Chiefs of Staff have all been giving a bollocking about the leaks regarding the potential defence cuts.:omfg:

Senior Military Officers 'Dressed Down' Over Defence Cut Leaks

Seems to have sunk home well as the meeting has been leaked. :D Don't say much for our VSOs and Very Senior Civil Servants. :twisted:
This would explain a cryptic missive that I received this AM on the subject of OPSEC & dealings with media!

For reference, I've never seen VSO used anywhere apart from ARRSE to describe 3/4*s; could it be a first TLA that will be introduced into the defence lexicon from an unofficial forum..?

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Clear out of Main building as the first defence cuts?

Doesn't look like the VSOs are showing a lot of respect to their political masters. Still, the number of times recently retired officers are slated on this site for only speaking up when retired....

The Chiefs of Staff have all been giving a bollocking about the leaks regarding the potential defence cuts.:omfg:

Seems to have sunk home well as the meeting has been leaked. :D Don't say much for our VSOs and Very Senior Civil Servants. :twisted:
And in other news catholics the world over are shocked to discover the Pope shares their faith and zoologists have finally discovered the mystery of where bears go for a dump.

chimera

LE

I guess that when he was Chief Whip the current SofS was never involved in any "briefing' to the Press. That would be such an underhand way to keep your recalcitrant MPs in line. I would imagine the bollocking was to remind the Chiefs that only Ministers are allowed to leak. I recall pretty much all of the big ticket items in George Robertson's SDR in 97/98 were heavily trailed in advance by "sources close to Ministers".

Last edited:
I guess that when he was Chief Whip the current SofS was never involved in any "briefing' to the Press. That would be such an underhand way to keep your recalcitrant MPs in line. I would imagine the bollocking was to remind the Chiefs that only Ministers are allowed to leak. I recall pretty much all of the big ticket items in George Robertson's SDR in 97/98 was heavily trailed in advance by "sources close to Ministers".
Spot on. Hoon thought he could sort it by binning the three single service DPRs back in the 90's.

If anything that made leaking even more prevalent

And in other news catholics the world over are shocked to discover the Pope shares their faith and zoologists have finally discovered the mystery of where bears go for a dump.
As Auld-Yin alludes, this may be the day that the bear shits in the Vatican

Army loosing 28 Wildcats? No wonder so many are jumping on the light blue bus.

As Auld-Yin alludes, this may be the day that the bear shits in the Vatican
Blackfriars Bridge was on my old ground, and that bear will be found hanging below it in another 'apparent suicide' if it does.

Taken from the article:

Sedwill will be thinking, 'What resonates with an ex-home secretary Prime Minister - more tanks to be possibly used in some far off World War III, or cyber, the threat of now and device of modern warfare?'".....

Yeah because it's so easy to get the tanks and crews from nowhere at a minutes notice when Putin decides to play chess with his armoured divisions.

The only thing that would stop Putin and his said armoured divisions apart from what nukes we have left?

The English Channel.

How do you say "I surrender" in exty European languages? Trick question. They'd just learn to say it in Russian, Cпаси́бо, Товарищ? (I know, I know, crap cut and paste. Sue me.)

Latest Threads