VRSM Waiting Times

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by rebusraver, Nov 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have any idea of how long it is currently taking to get a VRSM?

My application has been in since late September but I've heard nothing so far. Can't really complain though as it took 2 years to get my TELIC medal!
  2. About 5 years. Wait until your regiment closes down and someone finds it in the Psao's desk.
  3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I got mine well over 2.5 years late.
  4. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

3 years late . . .
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The medals are NOT late. The CoC is just waiting to see if you are really committed to the TA!!! :)
  6. Depends on the speed / interest of your PSAO. IME - about two weeks.

Cheers Uncle Den!
  7. msr

msr LE

I thought the process was managed by the medals office now...
  8. Mine arrived after a couple of months and then hung around for about half a year waiting for a suitable grown-up to present it.
  9. It takes roughly 4 weeks for MODMO to issue the medal once they have received the paperwork from your unit (it is not automatic for VRSM).

When you become eligible yuor unit should complete JPAS005 (formerly FHons 1009) as soon as you are eligible let them know so they know to raise the form or download it from here on DII and take it to them: http://www.ipublish.dii.r.mil.uk/nlapps/docs/default.asp?id=4260#m

Once complete the form must be personally signed off by your CO (if it sits in his in-tray for months it delays your medal).

Your RHQ (usually RAWO) will then forward the signed form to MODMO who produce and issue the medal to your unit. Your unit HR will receive notification via JPA workflow that the medal has been produced and posted.

The medal then arrives at your unit and your unit HR are required to confirm it's receipt via JPA workflow. It then gets passed to your PSAO to keep in his safe until such time as your OC/CO decides he wants to run a medals parade and give you it.

Firstly contact your unit to confirm the paperwork went to MODMO.

Secondly, if it did, contact MODMO to see if it has been produced/despatched: 0141 224 3600.

If so contact your unit again with this information to find out where it is and when they are likely to present you with it.
  10. Or just buy on on eBay

Yours, Bravo Bravo, MC and Bar.
  11. Put in for mine last year, paperwork took about 6 weeks to process before it arrived in unit and was posted to me (I dream of a presentation ceremony!). No problems at all with medals office on this, but make sure your paperwork is correct - otherwise it only delays it. Dont forget to count ex reg and Uni unit time as well, as this does count for qualifying purposes.
  12. Straightforward VRSMs are an automatic issue - I have had loads in since the system was introduced, anything out of the ordinary, eg Reg service to count & all clasps require application forms to be submitted.

13. Fair enough, the last few I've done have all had Regular service.
  14. Mine was about 8 weeks from application to gazette and presented about 5 weeks after that.

Search on your service number on the London Gazette. If the award has been gazetted at least you know the paperwork has gone through and the medal is somewhere in the production/posting to unit process.

Gazette Search Page

15. That was interesting, but the second award didn't show up.