votematch - who should you be voting for?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by rampant, May 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Driving my family home from dinner tonight, I was listening to the BBC and they mention vote match.

"If you still cannot make up your mind who to vote for, there is always the StemWijzer (VoteMatch in Dutch), developed by the Dutch Centre for Political Participation.

By answering a series of questions about your political opinion on an EU president, a European ecotax or asylum policy, this website helps you establish which party you are closest to and shows your preference for the other parties in descending order. "

Just like dating websites, but for political parties, try it here:

This site is election specific so at the moment its focus is on issues that are within the remit of the European parliament. In the future it will also focus on general and council elections.

edied to add: looks like I got the Jury Team or the Tories for my top 2
  2. I wonder just how accurate the Voting Suggetion is...?

I was shocked.
  3. Given that it was being promoted by the BBC, I am surprised that the default recommendation wasn't 'New Labour' regardless of the answers given. Still, UKIP for me again!
  4. I can honestly say I had never heard of this Jury Team bunch before... and yet they (apparently) were my best option according to that site, with UKIP 2nd and the Tories hot on their heels.

Realistically... wont put pen to paper for Jury Team.

May do UKIP in the upcoming local elections as a vague protest thing... but doubt would follow through with them in a General Election.
  5. Libertas, anyone?

I thought they should have included a "don't know" option in the quiz. I don't really have an opinion on copyright of sound recordings, for example.
  6. Seconded. Until now I did'nt know they existed. 8O
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Jury & UKIP also. Is this site a set-up?
  8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Who are these Jury punters? Appeared second on my list too. Scary.

don't think I'll be following the "advice" of this site.
  9. Libertas - whoever they are
  10. A very strong match to UK IP apparently!
  11. I won Jury Team, whoever they are. Although, at the back of my mind I seem to have heard something of them. A lack of party politics and doing what is best for Britain comes out of the gloom.
  12. Green party WTF?!
  13. SNP?? or Jury Team?
  14. Are Jury Team like the Justice League?
  15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Is it just me or is that the most hypocritical and dumb questionnaire ever?

Most questions were based around the idea of what the EU should and shouldn't be doing, wilst making little play of questions around whether it should actually exist or not.