Vote for me - Bribery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdude

War Hero
And how do you think we'll do 'very well'? What leverage do we have against expensive trade deals and import taxes?
What do we even make any more? Just hoping isn't going to cut it.
Wales currently receives somewhere in the region of £350 million a year from the EU more than it costs us, and Westminister hasn't said it will replace that money from our own funds. Farmers here will be facing disaster as 60%-or-so of our produce is currently exported to Europe, tariff-free and fast-tracked.
Can you tell me, honestly and without resorting to simple slogans, how you and your family will be better off after Brexit?
Wales gets 350 million from the EU - and we give them 13Billion.........hmmmm something tells me we should just give Wales 350 million ourselves and keep the 12.650 billion change.
Farmers survived for millennium before we joined the EU, and will survive when we leave.

How will my family be better off - well let me tell you.

As we won't have to keep foreigners supplied with our housing stock - we'll have more for our own people.
As we won't have cheap labour from abroad - there will be more jobs for our own nationals.
As we won't have as many NHS toursist - we'll have more appointments for our own nationals.

I can go on and on - but no doubt you'll not like the answers. The good thing about our politicians is at least we get a say in who they are, and can get rid of them - unlike the EU scum.

So, during the last election we had Labour basically bribing students - vote for us & we'll scrap your fees.

This election - vote for us and get free Broadband, free dental, free stufff.......

Now as we've just had 10+ years of Austerity, Police force cuts & cuts to basically everything as we can't apparently afford stuff nowadays, does it not make you sick that these politicians are trying to bribe people to vote for them?

I wonder what crap they are going to come up with this week - that will never materialise? Free housing for everyone, pick any job you want etc...

The reality where I live is that many people need to use food banks, child poverty is rampant, you can often not get a dentist on the NHS, you need to know 2 weeks in advance if you're going to be ill so you can get an appointment to see a doctor. Maybe the government and these crappy politicians should get Brexit done - and we leave the EU properly, then sort out the other problems that have accumulated - rather than trying to bribe us with 'Free Stuff' that we as tax payers will all be paying for, for the next 100 years.
Or they could just offer peerages to opposing candidates in marginal constituencies. Cheaper by far.
All parties try to bribe the electorate at every election. I'm not sure which is funnier. That you think any of these promises will be delivered no matter who is in government or that leaving the EU will cause a sudden growth spurt in Magic Money Trees.

mrdude

War Hero
I'm not sure which is funnier. That you think any of these promises will be delivered no matter who is in government or that leaving the EU will cause a sudden growth spurt in Magic Money Trees.
I think nothing of the sort, and I'm not sure where you get that idea from! I am sick of politicians and the constant lies they tell. We need an overhaul of the entire system, from the way we vote to how we can rid ourselves of politicians that fail to do what the electorate elected then to do.
These remainer types that stood on a manifesto to deliver Brexit and then tried everything possible to stop it happening should have been sacked on the spot, had their pensions cancelled and have been thrown into jail for being traitors. Men were shot in WW1 for less than what these traitorous scum have done to the country.

I think we'll do very well actually, I couldn't care less who the EU has trade deals with, we'll have our own deals soon enough - and be at liberty to make them & our own decisions. Trade deals aside - we can also say who comes to our country, and what we spend our taxes on - rather than giving huge sums to other countries.
I think that each individual trade deal, takes quite a few years to achieve. Might be waiting for a while.

mrdude

War Hero
I think that each individual trade deal, takes quite a few years to achieve. Might be waiting for a while.
I don't care how long they take, you don't need a trade deal to buy stuff from China or from anywhere else - so say I want to buy cheap solar panel from China, it's easy - and we don't need to pay the stupid 'protectionists' import tax the EU has placed on them, as we won't be part of the EU.

nigburke

Swinger
Wales gets 350 million from the EU - and we give them 13Billion.........hmmmm something tells me we should just give Wales 350 million ourselves and keep the 12.650 billion change.
But Westminister thinks differently. Welsh farmers face a disaster.
Farmers survived for millennium before we joined the EU, and will survive when we leave.
So when in living history have our nation's farmers had their export markets ripped from them? How did they recover then? How will they recover now?

How will my family be better off - well let me tell you.

As we won't have to keep foreigners supplied with our housing stock - we'll have more for our own people.
As we won't have cheap labour from abroad - there will be more jobs for our own nationals.
As we won't have as many NHS toursist - we'll have more appointments for our own nationals.
Ummm. Housing stock for foreigners? How does that work? We don't have housing stock for foreigners.
If what you mean is that we need to build more affordable homes, then I agree. But 'housing stock for foreigners' is not a real thing.

Cheap labour. There's a thing.
If you want British people to pick seasonal fruit and vegetables you'll have to pay them a wage they can live on. You'll need to speak to the farmers about that, and the consumer of course. Nothing comes free.

NHS tourist, again, is not a problem we have. Not really. Not unless the government so starves it of funding that waiting lists are backed up, operations cancelled for lack of surgeons. 39,500 nhs vacancies unfilled.

I don't know why you just don't come out and say it. Racism is your problem. Everything else stems from that.

The good thing about our politicians is at least we get a say in who they are, and can get rid of them - unlike the EU scum.
That's not true either.

mrdude

War Hero
I don't know why you just don't come out and say it. Racism is your problem. Everything else stems from that.
Same old usual remainer slurs, It doesn't work though - describing someone as a racist because they think differently from the brainwashed/braindead remoaners is just silly. Next you'll be telling me I'm thick and how to vote and that last time I voted I made a mistake and didn't know what I was voting for.....well I've got news for you!

I did know, so did the other millions of people that voted. You best get used to us being out of the EU because in less than a months time - BOJO will still be the prime minister, and all those remoaner MP's that stood on a manifesto to leave the EU and then backtracked will be out of a job as an MP. I can literally taste your tears and feel your pain - still you've had 3 years to get used to it now, so it's now time to put your big boy pants on and stop whinging & calling people names that don't see things the same way you do.

Same old usual remainer slurs, It doesn't work though - describing someone as a racist because they think differently from the brainwashed/braindead remoaners is just silly. Next you'll be telling me I'm thick and how to vote and that last time I voted I made a mistake and didn't know what I was voting for.....well I've got news for you!

I did know, so did the other millions of people that voted. You best get used to us being out of the EU because in less than a months time - BOJO will still be the prime minister, and all those remoaner MP's that stood on a manifesto to leave the EU and then backtracked will be out of a job as an MP. I can literally taste your tears and feel your pain - still you've had 3 years to get used to it now, so it's now time to put your big boy pants on and stop whinging & calling people names that don't see things the same way you do.
Boris’ deal is a slight change to May’s deal. That was labelled as BRINO. I’m surprised that you are happy with that.

mrdude

War Hero
Boris’ deal is a slight change to May’s deal. That was labelled as BRINO. I’m surprised that you are happy with that.
I'm not happy with it, I'd be happy for a so called 'Hard brexit', I don't want the UK to have anything to do with the EU or the EU to have anything to do with us. If they want to trade - fine, if not fine (I can get my stuff from somewhere else).

I'm not happy with it, I'd be happy for a so called 'Hard brexit', I don't want the UK to have anything to do with the EU or the EU to have anything to do with us. If they want to trade - fine, if not fine (I can get my stuff from somewhere else).
So you don’t feel that we are actually leaving The EU under Johnson? But you are happy to say that we are and watch Remainers cry?

As someone who voted remain, I’m happy to see Johnson’s deal go through. It’s just May rehashed.

AKA BRINO.

So which way did you vote??

I think nothing of the sort, and I'm not sure where you get that idea from! I am sick of politicians and the constant lies they tell. We need an overhaul of the entire system, from the way we vote to how we can rid ourselves of politicians that fail to do what the electorate elected then to do.
These remainer types that stood on a manifesto to deliver Brexit and then tried everything possible to stop it happening should have been sacked on the spot, had their pensions cancelled and have been thrown into jail for being traitors. Men were shot in WW1 for less than what these traitorous scum have done to the country.
Trators!

Vote for me - Bribery! It's nothing new.

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. George Bernard Shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads