Vote for me - Bribery!

It’s a cas
Well I have never been to court accused of murder.
Does that make me a murderer?
Have you ever been summonsed by a Magistrate to Court for murder and then had the summons overturned?

Does that matter in your world?
I never stated that he was guilty of anything, I merely asked if you had a link to support your assertion that he had been found not guilty in court, when actually he hadn’t even been to court.

Your statement was totally irrelevant to that.

I never stated that he was guilty of anything, I merely asked if you had a link to support your assertion that he had been found not guilty in court, when actually he hadn’t even been to court.

Your statement was totally irrelevant to that.
Then I apologise for confusing you.
As it stands the statement on the bus has not been found to be a lie and have been found to be actually correct.
So no lies involved on BJ's part.

As it stands the statement on the bus has not been found to be a lie and have been found to be actually correct.
Let’s agree that we see things differently then.

The UK Statistics Authority said the figure was £285m a week, without factoring EU payments to the UK. With only the most basic EU payments (directly to the UK public sector) factored in, that dropped to £190m.
Yet the MP carried on using the debunked figure for more than a year. In a damning rebuke the Statistics Authority told him it was a “clear misuse of official statistics”.

mrdude

War Hero
Let's face it, it doesn't matter on the semantics of How much it was - the point is that we send millions of our tax payers money every week to the EU for nothing. Something which we can all agree is better to be spent in the UK.

Remainers again grasping at straws and coming out with their crap to justify overturning the will of the people & democracy.

Let's face it, it doesn't matter on the semantics of How much it was - the point is that we send millions of our tax payers money every week to the EU for nothing. Something which we can all agree is better to be spent in the UK.

Remainers again grasping at straws and coming out with their crap to justify overturning the will of the people & democracy.
It’s only nothing in your opinion. I’m fairly sure that we will be negotiating over the next few years to retain some of that nothing and paying for it.

mrdude

War Hero
It’s only nothing in your opinion. I’m fairly sure that we will be negotiating over the next few years to retain some of that nothing and paying for it.
The average man in the street - the tax payer, shouldn't need to subsidise businesses, if those businesses want to do business with the EU, and the EU want to tax them - that's up to them. But at least they will have a choice to do their business elsewhere such as USA/China etc, if the EU tariffs are too high. Also that's a two way street - they mess with us and we can do the same back.

nigburke

Swinger
The average man in the street - the tax payer, shouldn't need to subsidise businesses, if those businesses want to do business with the EU, and the EU want to tax them - that's up to them. But at least they will have a choice to do their business elsewhere such as USA/China etc, if the EU tariffs are too high. Also that's a two way street - they mess with us and we can do the same back.
So, how well do you think we'll do, messing with the single largest trading bock in the World? The EU already has trade deals with the likes of China and the US, what makes you think we will get a deal as good, or even better than we have now?

Bollocks.

mrdude

War Hero
So, how well do you think we'll do, messing with the single largest trading bock in the World? The EU already has trade deals with the likes of China and the US, what makes you think we will get a deal as good, or even better than we have now?
I think we'll do very well actually, I couldn't care less who the EU has trade deals with, we'll have our own deals soon enough - and be at liberty to make them & our own decisions. Trade deals aside - we can also say who comes to our country, and what we spend our taxes on - rather than giving huge sums to other countries.

nigburke

Swinger
I think we'll do very well actually, I couldn't care less who the EU has trade deals with, we'll have our own deals soon enough - and be at liberty to make them & our own decisions. Trade deals aside - we can also say who comes to our country, and what we spend our taxes on - rather than giving huge sums to other countries.
And how do you think we'll do 'very well'? What leverage do we have against expensive trade deals and import taxes?
What do we even make any more? Just hoping isn't going to cut it.
Wales currently receives somewhere in the region of £350 million a year from the EU more than it costs us, and Westminister hasn't said it will replace that money from our own funds. Farmers here will be facing disaster as 60%-or-so of our produce is currently exported to Europe, tariff-free and fast-tracked.
Can you tell me, honestly and without resorting to simple slogans, how you and your family will be better off after Brexit?

Latest Threads