Vote for me - Bribery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Try not to be a mong all your life.
As I read it, that means that the court case didn’t go ahead, not that he was found “not guilty” at a court case.

windswept398

Old-Salt
Nothing is free. Nothing is 'government-funded'. Everything is paid off the backs of people that are willing to get out of bed and go to work.

Ahhh, the "all Leave voters are racist, un-educated morons that need to be told how to vote in fact if you are nice a bloke will help you at the ballot box put the X in the right box" argument. Has any remainer actually thought that people are pissed off with the EU and want to leave...it could be just as simple as that.
I don’t consider myself any of the above, I have a moderate comprehension of current affairs, but I couldn’t have told you if the claim was true or not. I think that would be true of a large number of very average people.

Political slogans and campaigns are designed to be as effective as possible at persuading people about a point, they care not whether they push the limits of truth and know that any judgement on the comments will be kicked into the long grass and down played at a later date.

As I read it, that means that the court case didn’t go ahead, not that he was found “not guilty” at a court case.
A court case would have suggested that there was certainly enough evidence for the matter to be heard before a court (even had it ultimately resulted in a NG verdict). Throwing it out suggests that there was not a case sufficient to be put before a court in the first place.

Exactly, how many people with limited comprehension believed it and subsequently voted as a result of that inability to fully comprehend?
You agree, then, that what was written on the side of the 'infamous' bus does not say 'let's give it all to the NHS'.
If not, that is, at the very least, what you are insinuating.

A court case would have suggested that there was certainly enough evidence for the matter to be heard at court (even had it ultimately resulted in a NG verdict). Throwing it out suggests that there was not a case sufficient to be put before a court in the first place.
Or, politicians lying or bending the truth whilst campaigning is not a matter for the courts.

More a case of Caveat Emptor.

We all know that politicians of all hues lie to us and then back track when elected. Dancing on the head of a pin over semantics is the name of the game.

You agree, then, that what was written on the side of the 'infamous' bus does not say 'let's give it all to the NHS'.
If not, that is, at the very least, what you are insinuating.
I believe that the intention was to insinuate that but leave enough wriggle room to be able to subsequently deny it.

I’m happy that a substantial amount of people would have comprehended it as such.

Boris has IMHO an MO, it revolves around saying whatever he needs to achieve an objective, whether it is Brexit, The Leadership Election or The GE.

He then thinks about the promises he made for a future time and then feels free to row back or deny them based on word play.

I’m fairly happy to believe that The Inquiry into Russian election meddling has something that Boris would rather not come out this side of The GE. It’s easier to ride the storm now over not releasing it and get elected rather than risk it effecting his election chances.

Later, he can do his well worn act of deflection, disassociation and dissembling. However he will be The PM.

If it was a clean report, he would have published it now as a way of appearing transparent.

Boris has IMHO an MO, it revolves around saying whatever he needs to achieve an objective, whether it is Brexit, The Leadership Election or The GE.

He then thinks about the promises he made for a future time and then feels free to row back or deny them based on word play.

I’m fairly happy to believe that The Inquiry into Russian election meddling has something that Boris would rather not come out this side of The GE. It’s easier to ride the storm now over not releasing it and get elected rather than risk it effecting his election chances.

Later, he can do his well worn act of deflection, disassociation and dissembling. However he will be The PM.

If it was a clean report, he would have published it now as a way of appearing transparent.
PMSL and Corbyn, Swinton, Sturgeon et al aren't FFS if you believe a politico then you really need to be in a secure home, the object here is who will do the least damage...and it isn't Corbyn.

PMSL and Corbyn, Swinton, Sturgeon et al aren't FFS if you believe a politico then you really need to be in a secure home, the object here is who will do the least damage...and it isn't Corbyn.
I’m a Tory voter and always have been, with no intention of voting otherwise.

I therefore feel entitled in return for that 34 year commitment, to be able to comment on Johnson’s shortcomings.

I don't know anyone who voted out because of what any politician said, it is their actions that caused them to vote leave.
Same with Trump, I don't bother with his tweets but with his actions which I generally approve.

The figure of £350 million is a gross figure and doesn’t take into account the amount that we receive back, so is not truly representative.

It insinuates that this figure will be totally reinvested in The NHS if when we leave, not necessarily true.
You inferred that was what the bus said. You were (and still are) wrong.

That must sting, eh?

I think Cameron started this bribery malarkey with his “vote for me and I’ll give you a referendum“ on you know what, Just look where that has got us.

Cameron should just have concentrated on doing the basics, ie getting the debt down to a sufficirnt level where he could start spending where it was needed, instead he went all lefty and even passed laws which were not in the manifesto.
He was a truly remarkable flavour of the month PM who Stopped at nothing to get into number ten, including bribery.
I never got the Bribe I was promised from that twat. He said He'd scrap the SIA and its still ripping off the poor.

mrdude

War Hero
I don't know anyone who voted out because of what any politician said, it is their actions that caused them to vote leave.
Same with Trump, I don't bother with his tweets but with his actions which I generally approve.
I agree, Trump a non politician before office, has done a far better job than the career politicians, and tried to succeed in delivering many of the things he said he would. As for the wall - he tried to get that build as well but has been blocked by other, not because he lied or didn't want it done. He's maybe not as PC as some would like, he calls a Spade a Spade and doesn't gloss over stuff with bullshit - he says things in a language most Americans understands & that's why he'll be reelected in 2020.

I wish our politicians were more like him, ours are just mostly slimey little weasels that say 'do as we say' rather than 'do as we do'. They are proven liars and border line psychopaths.

windswept398

Old-Salt
I agree, Trump a non politician before office, has done a far better job than the career politicians, and tried to succeed in delivering many of the things he said he would. As for the wall - he tried to get that build as well but has been blocked by other, not because he lied or didn't want it done. He's maybe not as PC as some would like, he calls a Spade a Spade and doesn't gloss over stuff with bullshit - he says things in a language most Americans understands & that's why he'll be reelected in 2020.

I wish our politicians were more like him, ours are just mostly slimey little weasels that say 'do as we say' rather than 'do as we do'. They are proven liars and border line psychopaths.
Old Yin 'asked' me why I didn't run for office, and you explain it perfectly. Politicians eventually all become corrupt. Even the ones with the best intentions. Even your beloved President Trump, he will become a serpent eventually. Mark my words.

mrdude

War Hero
Old Yin 'asked' me why I didn't run for office, and you explain it perfectly. Politicians eventually all become corrupt. Even the ones with the best intentions. Even your beloved President Trump, he will become a serpent eventually. Mark my words.
Trump is far superior than our politicians:
Corbyn - Terrorist supporter, runs a party that is now racist and hates Jews, totally incompetent.
Abbott - Total fuckwit & a moron, I wouldn't trust her with a school kids lunch money, never mind the nations taxes.
Swinson - Doesn't respect democracy, or wish to carry out what the majority of people voted for.
Sturgeon - There's no words to explain how much I loathe this cretin.

As for the bottom feeders - hmmm traitors is too good a word to describe most of them.

I watched this a while ago:
Priti Patel Destroys Jeremy Corbyn & Diane Abbott In Scathing Brexit Election Interview

It pretty much is bang on, especially the bit about Corbyn and how stupid he is.

that sounds (to me) like a description of any politician of recent years

Or, politicians lying or bending the truth whilst campaigning is not a matter for the courts.

More a case of Caveat Emptor.

We all know that politicians of all hues lie to us and then back track when elected. Dancing on the head of a pin over semantics is the name of the game.
bit like Hampshire police claiming poverty.... and there it was in front of me on Saturday, a lovely Ford Kuga 4x4, proudly marked up with custom ‘Pride Police unit’ graphics

05A46543-A8E1-4609-A920-514AAF19798A.jpeg

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
bit like Hampshire police claiming poverty.... and there it was in front of me on Saturday, a lovely Ford Kuga 4x4, proudly marked up with custom ‘Pride Police unit’ graphics

View attachment 431201
SWMBO is an LBTQ+ ambassador at work. Even she just looked at that picture and said, 'Ugh.'

...followed by, 'Well, I'm a cat-lover. What are they doing to address my needs?'

What does doing this achieve? We live in a society where inequality has effectively been declared illegal. It's no longer possible to discriminate without there being some form of recourse.

All this does is virtue-signal. It over-plays. It also elevates one section of the community over others. The police service is there for all, equally. So, let's have vehicles painted to represent every demographic, shall we?

Or just stop this bloody nonsense.

Bootom

Old-Salt
The problem with Trump is, he is too rich to bribe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads