Vote for me - Bribery!

mrdude

War Hero
So, during the last election we had Labour basically bribing students - vote for us & we'll scrap your fees.

This election - vote for us and get free Broadband, free dental, free stufff.......

Now as we've just had 10+ years of Austerity, Police force cuts & cuts to basically everything as we can't apparently afford stuff nowadays, does it not make you sick that these politicians are trying to bribe people to vote for them?

I wonder what crap they are going to come up with this week - that will never materialise? Free housing for everyone, pick any job you want etc...

The reality where I live is that many people need to use food banks, child poverty is rampant, you can often not get a dentist on the NHS, you need to know 2 weeks in advance if you're going to be ill so you can get an appointment to see a doctor. Maybe the government and these crappy politicians should get Brexit done - and we leave the EU properly, then sort out the other problems that have accumulated - rather than trying to bribe us with 'Free Stuff' that we as tax payers will all be paying for, for the next 100 years.

Last edited:
Step away from the Daily Wail.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
So during the last election we had Labour basically bribing students - vote for us & we'll scrap your fees.

This election - vote for us and get free Broadband, free dental, free stufff.......

Now ass we've just had 10+ years of Austerity, Police force cuts & cuts to basically everything as we can't apparently afford stuff nowadays, does it not make you sick that these politicians are trying to bribe people to vote for them?

I wonder what crap they are going to come up with this week - that will never materialise? Free housing for everyone, pick any job you want etc...

The reality where I live is that many people need to use food banks, child poverty is rampant, you can often not get a dentist on the NHS, you need to know 2 weeks in advance if you're going to be ill so you can get an appointment to see a doctor. Maybe the government and these crappy politicians should get Brexit done - and we leave the EU properly, then sort out the other problems that have accumulated - rather than trying to bribe us with 'Free Stuff' that we as tax payers will all be paying for, for the next 100 years.
Many people need to use food banks? Indeed. But food bank use has increased because under Labour DWP staff weren't allowed to tell people where they are/were. The Tories changed that and - hey presto! - a 'huge increase in use'. So, it's bollocks.
Child poverty is rampant? According to which metrics? Relative poverty or absolute poverty? If it's relative poverty (your kid has a better phone than my one), then it's bollocks.
Cannot get a dentist the NHS? Same for years. Actually, you can but there are these things called waiting list. More bollocks.
Can't get a GP appointment? Blame Labour for the GP contracts they negotiated (hey, why not - they still blame Thatcher for everything). Or blame Labour for its unstated policy of mass inward migration. Ancient, someone-else's-fault bollocks.

Free stuff? Corbyn et al. haven't got a coherent manifesto beyond trigger-words such as 'fair' and 'equal'. Put aside for a moment that fair doesn't = equal. But, then, if you do what have they got left? Money tree bollocks.

And none of that stuff is free. So, you either tax the 'cheating' rich - the top 1 percent of whom pay 27 percent of income tax (in between hiding their money and robbing the poor) - or you tax those 'other' rich - i.e. the not-rich who are in fact JAM (Just About Managing) to pay for 'free' stuff to keep your captive non-working 'working-class' vote happy. Deceitful bollocks.

None of which has anything to do with Brexit.

So during the last election we had Labour basically bribing students - vote for us & we'll scrap your fees.

Now as we've just had 10+ years of Austerity, Police force cuts & cuts to basically everything as we can't apparently afford stuff nowadays, does it not make you sick that these politicians are trying to bribe people to vote for them?

1. Like others on here, you are so up your own bias that you haven't noticed all the parties are offering things they probably won't be able to deliver. It's called a manifesto.

2. Also like others on here, you haven't realised this is a General Election. Get that? A General Election. You do mention things promised in some party manifesto (whilst ignoring others) but still manage to stick it under a Brexit thread.

3. Like others on here, are you absolutely obsessed?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It will just be like after the last election when Jezza said that he had not promised to do away with student debt, just look at how to do it. Didn't matter he had all the gullible student votes then!

mrdude

War Hero
Many people need to use food banks? Indeed. But food bank use has increased because under Labour DWP staff weren't allowed to tell people where they are/were. The Tories changed that and - hey presto! - a 'huge increase in use'. So, it's bollocks.
Child poverty is rampant? According to which metrics? Relative poverty or absolute poverty? If it's relative poverty (your kid has a better phone than my one), then it's bollocks.
Cannot get a dentist the NHS? Same for years. Actually, you can but there are these things called waiting list. More bollocks.
Can't get a GP appointment? Blame Labour for the GP contracts they negotiated (hey, why not - they still blame Thatcher for everything). Or blame Labour for its unstated policy of mass inward migration. Ancient, someone-else's-fault bollocks.

Free stuff? Corbyn et al. haven't got a coherent manifesto beyond trigger-words such as 'fair' and 'equal'. Put aside for a moment that fair doesn't = equal. But, then, if you do what have they got left? Money tree bollocks.

And none of that stuff is free. So, you either tax the 'cheating' rich - the top 1 percent of whom pay 27 percent of income tax (in between hiding their money and robbing the poor) - or you tax those 'other' rich - i.e. the not-rich who are in fact JAM (Just About Managing) to pay for 'free' stuff to keep your captive non-working 'working-class' vote happy. Deceitful bollocks.

None of which has anything to do with Brexit.
Hey, I'm surprised you never came up for an excuse for Universal credit and homelessness when you were 'on a roll' there. For the 6th largest economy in the world - we sure do have a lot of unfairness.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
1. Like others on here, you are so up your own bias that you haven't noticed all the parties are offering things they probably won't be able to deliver. It's called a manifesto.

2. Also like others on here, you haven't realised this is a General Election. Get that? A General Election. You do mention things promised in some party manifesto (whilst ignoring others) but still manage to stick it under a Brexit thread.

Whereas you of course are not obsessed, no siree, not you, not one bit do you bite at anything against your glorious EU and any party that could possibly keep us stuck in it.

Although placed in the Brexit forum, you will note you are the first to mention Brexit! Obsessed you are! :rolleyes:

mrdude

War Hero

Hey I'm still waiting for the Political Parties to deliver on what they told us in the last election - you know the one where they said they would honour our choices with Brexit - well we're all still waiting for that to happen.

Lies, lies, lies and even more lies - that's what we get from our politicians - that and things they promise that will never happen!

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Hey, I'm surprised you never came up for an excuse for Universal credit and homelessness when you were 'on a roll' there. For the 6th largest economy in the world - we sure do have a lot of unfairness.

No excuses for Universal Credit - it has failed. But Labour's introduction of relativity into poverty was a cynical move.

I'd question your use of the word 'rampant', however (dictionary definition: 'flourishing or spreading unchecked'). And you might want to address the rest of the stuff on my 'roll' - it's still nothing to do with Brexit.

Whereas you of course are not obsessed, no siree, not you, not one bit do you bite at anything against your glorious EU and any party that could possibly keep us stuck in it.

Although placed in the Brexit forum, you will note you are the first to mention Brexit! Obsessed you are! :rolleyes:
Ermm, Mr Biased himself who can't abide anyone disagreeing with him pops up to white knight someone but, after putting the General Election 2019 thread into Brexit, I suppose we can't be too surprised.

You also make things up rather muchly, old man. You either misread my posts or, in your one track mind and inability to listen to any viewpoint that disagrees with you, where have I ever praised the EU or, in your stupidity, called it glorious? Unlike your rainbow and unicorns view of a future outside the EU which you insist on pushing down everyone's throat as if it is the God given truth and no-one should dare question it (great debating skills you show, by the way).

Best you read the posts as well as the one before mine said mentioned Brexit.

Don't start a thread with "So".

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
For months we have been hearing the Labour Party spokesmen, esp Corbyn and McDonnell, telling us that Labour are ready for a GE and for the Tories to bring it on. Several times Boris tried but the ever-ready Labour refused the offer .

Now weeks after the vote to hold the election we are still waiting for the Labour manifesto* which, as we were informef Labour were ready to go, should have been out ages ago. Almost looks like Labour were caught on the hop and weren't ready at all ! :)

*Yes I know the Tory manifesto ain't out either, but to be fair they didn't know when Labour would cave in and agree to a fight.

mrdude

War Hero
No excuses for Universal Credit - it has failed. But Labour's introduction of relativity into poverty was a cynical move.

I'd question your use of the word 'rampant', however (dictionary definition: 'flourishing or spreading unchecked'). And you might want to address the rest of the stuff on my 'roll' - it's still nothing to do with Brexit.
Hi, if we weren't sending 13 Billion + a year to the EU - we could use that money to address some of the issues in this country. The tax payer's here shouldn't be fitting the bill for roads to be build in some shanty town type country in the EU & paying for those non democratically elected UK hating EU scum politicians.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ermm, Mr Biased himself who can't abide anyone disagreeing with him pops up to white knight someone but, after putting the General Election 2019 thread into Brexit, I suppose we can't be too surprised.

You also make things up rather muchly, old man. You either misread my posts or, in your one track mind and inability to listen to any viewpoint that disagrees with you, where have I ever praised the EU or, in your stupidity, called it glorious? Unlike your rainbow and unicorns view of a future outside the EU which you insist on pushing down everyone's throat as if it is the God given truth and no-one should dare question it (great debating skills you show, by the way).

Best you read the posts as well as the one before mine said mentioned Brexit.
True, CC did, and your post would have gone up very close together but at least CC answered the post rather than just jump in Oh Great Obsessed One!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I think Cameron started this bribery malarkey with his “vote for me and I’ll give you a referendum“ on you know what, Just look where that has got us.

Cameron should just have concentrated on doing the basics, ie getting the debt down to a sufficirnt level where he could start spending where it was needed, instead he went all lefty and even passed laws which were not in the manifesto.
He was a truly remarkable flavour of the month PM who Stopped at nothing to get into number ten, including bribery.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'll start a thread, sentence or anything else I want, with whatever word I feel like - thank you for your input, but it will be filed in my memory banks as 'junk'.
As ever BB is somewhat lax with fact, ask him to read this

So, from that it can be clearly seen that starting a sentence with 'So' is ok, especially on an informal chat style forum like Arrse.

For months we have been hearing the Labour Party spokesmen, esp Corbyn and McDonnell, telling us that Labour are ready for a GE and for the Tories to bring it on. Several times Boris tried but the ever-ready Labour refused the offer .

Now weeks after the vote to hold the election we are still waiting for the Labour manifesto* which, as we were informef Labour were ready to go, should have been out ages ago. Almost looks like Labour were caught on the hop and weren't ready at all ! :)

*Yes I know the Tory manifesto ain't out either, but to be fair they didn't know when Labour would cave in and agree to a fight.
Ax woefully ill informed and out of date as usual.

Latest Threads