Builds Vosper 73Ft Motor torpedo boats

of course Op Neptune was the sea element of Overlord, maybe I should save one of my MTB's for the coming DDAY GB. I owe it to myself to re read Max Hastings Overlord and the Battle for Normandy, excellent read.

Edit to add, those perforated drums on the stern of the right hand MGB are smoke generators.
Erh.....might have a PDF on Op Neptune :)

one of many things I learnt from Marties Matchbox Makeover You Tube video's (post 44 above) was this little tip, No I'm not feeding a habit! it's baking Soda, sprinkled over a superglued join, it's so fine it really strengthens the joint,making it instantaneous.

some of the pe parts for the Torpedo tube, and the first trestle that the tube stands on.

first one fitted out and ready for paint, only fits when you cut the location tabs off the deck for the kit part. One down three more to go...

of course Op Neptune was the sea element of Overlord, maybe I should save one of my MTB's for the coming DDAY GB. I owe it to myself to re read Max Hastings Overlord and the Battle for Normandy, excellent read.

Edit to add, those perforated drums on the stern of the right hand MGB are smoke generators.
All you need to do then is to build a 1/72 sunken blockship from the Mulberries/Gooseberries, against which the MTB can be moored for an "overnight pit stop" diorama... Simples.

(The superstructures of the blockships remained largely above high-water, so were fitted out as accommodation for coastal forces.)

All you need to do then is to build a 1/72 sunken blockship from the Mulberries/Gooseberries, against which the MTB can be moored for an "overnight pit stop" diorama... Simples.

(The superstructures of the blockships remained largely above high-water, so were fitted out as accommodation for coastal forces.)
let's see you do it then Ollie. And for my next trick I'll be modelling the whole ferkin world.

or maybe just this.....

first one fitted out and ready for paint, only fits when you cut the location tabs off the deck for the kit part. One down three more to go...

Shame its not a bow mounted variant, a pair of them would look the dogs dangleys hanging over the pointy end

I see that the 1st SGB Flotilla was commanded by Sir Peter Scott, the son of Scott of the Antarctic and founder of the Slimbridge Wildfowl Trust in Gloucestershire.

Latest Threads