• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live


I have been on a range when the weather was great no breeze and while spotting for someone, have seen what I would call the swirl left by the round going down the range through binos, is there a correct name for it ?
My ex's fcuking Admin!!!!
Whatever it is, it isn't a vortex.

The projectile, being supersonic would have a bow shock that would, in certain conditions, be visible. High humidity is one such condition.
Known in the trade by those who do a lot of Long Range Target stuff as "Swirl", I believe. :wink:

Valuable for judging the wind, and stuff, at which I was always crapp :(

Bull 5, that man ...

Similar threads

Latest Threads