Vorsrpung Durch Dickhe@d

An Audi driver filmed themselves doing up to 200 mph on the M23 in Crawley, West Sussex. Even less impressive it looks like he was holding his phone at the time.

Apparently an RS of some variety.

A whiff of sulphur coming from the exhaust pipe perhaps?

(ETA changed link to YouTube).

Last edited:

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Stupid. I'm sure Darwin will catch up with the driver. Even the Polis don't drive that fast.

BopBopBop

War Hero
There's going to be a trafpol somewhere muttering...

I don't know who you are but what I do have are a very particular set of skills.

Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

I will look for you, I will find you.

Pretty astonishing.
Wonder if there are any visually forensic clues there on the dash eg mileage as I'd imagine with the low numbers of these perhaps dealerships could look at service records.

philc

LE
So number of Audi RS6 around Sussex, day of recording, reg numbers, traffic cameras and hey presto.

Does an Audi R6 even go that fast?

TamH70

MIA
So number of Audi RS6 around Sussex, day of recording, reg numbers, traffic cameras and hey presto.

If you get Audi to remove the limiter that usually holds them back to 155 miles per hour, add the second-tier of factory-issued boosts (to 190 miles per hour), and then get the engine custom remapped in A.N Other performance garage, then yeah. They will crack 206 miles per hour in a straight line. And that's without nitrous.

Easily enough ECU "flashed" & light modded ( expensive!) can see 800-1000 bhp...anyhow stock they will top over 180mph no bother at all. Earlier Lambo milled V10 twin-turbos hit 60 in around just 4 seconds...not bad for 2 tons.

Last edited:
Pretty astonishing.
Wonder if there are any visually forensic clues there on the dash eg mileage as I'd imagine with the low numbers of these perhaps dealerships could look at service records.
Is there a clock on the dash?

Dr Death

Old-Salt
When plod catch them & they will they can expect a lengthy ban, fine and with any luck a nice stay at belmarsh.

endure

GCM
Not familiar with what is switch-able to view or anything, but I looked for it too.
View attachment 475561
Might be elsewhere....
The whining noise..apparently...is common & caused by air pressure farting around with windseals...not great on a 106k supercar.

It's just to the right of the left hand dial. The time is 1518 hrs

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Last time I was getting my Ferrari serviced they had a completely totalled 488 in there.

From the car’s ECU they were able to tell that the car had been doing over 160 just before it crashed.

I assume most modern cars have some sort of device like this now? Not sure if it would stand as evidence in a court of law, or even if the police would have the right to access that data.

Last time I was getting my Ferrari serviced they had a completely totalled 488 in there.

From the car’s ECU they were able to tell that the car had been doing over 160 just before it crashed.

I assume most modern cars have some sort of device like this now? Not sure if it would stand as evidence in a court of law, or even if the police would have the right to access that data.
I'm pretty sure my lowly Skoda packages the telemetrics and camera feeds if you stack in so plod can do forensics.

That Audi driver seems to be intent on being introduced to the Grim Reaper by The EM, but my concern is he'll end up stacking into another car containing an innocent party.

Hopefully he'll be removed from society before he has the chance to do so.

Boxer96

Old-Salt
I well remember driving up the A8 from Munich towards Stuttgart in the early '90s. It was the middle of the night, I was driving an Audi V8 Quattro rental and trying to attain Vmax. The speedo was indicating about 260KPH and I thought "F**k me, I'm flying". Suddely there are lights flashing behind me and a Porsche 911 Turbo was in a hurry to get past!!

needlewaver

War Hero
Most modern cars of any price have some sort of telematics that can be accessed, at least, by the manufacturer. The data can be “seized” if required under Section 19 of PACE, but that would require an offence to be suspected first, and ideally would be used as an adjunct to other evidence.

I have seen the download from a single vehicle fatal RTC involving a Jaguar; the data available was phenomenal, position of front wheels, throttle travel, gear selection, seat belt fitted (or not) etc. It even showed the TCS trying to get control after he dropped a cog and floored it. That data was accessed by Jaguar in order to assess if there was a fault with the vehicle. We then applied for the data in order to formulate the Coroner’s File.

YEs mostcars have telematics in them so shouldnt be too hard to trace each owner in the UK and look at the telematics and also look at what mobile phones they own and track them via the mobile masts.

Latest Threads