Vomit inducing tasks!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Tartan_Terrier, Jul 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Once again we've been asked to do a totally bone task; this time, believe it or not, we've been asked to guard a flower arranging competition!

I don't mind the doing KAPE type of thing occasionally as it can bring new recruits, but I can't see how guarding a bunch of middle aged ladies and their daffodills is going to benefit us at all.

Any potential recruits are going to run a mile. "Oh yes, let's join them and we can drink tea with the old ladies too!"

I can't in all honesty see why I should try to persuade my people to turn up and waste a whole weekend of valuable training time on this type of crap.

Helping out at civilian arrangements seems to be de riguer over here, but we're having difficulty getting enough bods turning up for training and exercises as it is.

Over the last couple of years our medic section has been decimated by overuse. They were being forced to act as medics for civvy arrangements practically every weekend, and worst of all, not getting anything for it!

Are units in the UK misused like this too? Or is this a purely Danish phenomenon?
  2. msr

msr LE

Don't turn up and let your blokes know not to either...

3. And here's me thinking that Sigs supporting mountain rescue, providing PA and comms systems for charity events might be a good idea