Vomit-inducing, cringeworthy 'life' coaches...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by the_eiger, Dec 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who is actually taken in by the nonsense of these new-age conman. All of them are failed human beings.

10 points for a link to the most ludicrously-worded website.

I'll start:
    Warrior Coaching - Home

Army kit? Nonsense statements? Ridiculous 'quotes'? Run by a fatty?

Maybe a Christmas present for someone you don't like would be a session with this clown. My guess is that it would be suicide-inducing.

2. Have you actually looked at the site.... "Coaching can take place over many mediums, including phone "

Beasted by phone, thats a new one and bound to send a shudder down to your boots

3. Soggy4978

Soggy4978 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

"Civvies pay to do this, and you's lot get it for shagging free!"

4. I don't need to. My mate met the pleb (s) that run the site. He/they apparantly attempted to join a rather tough TA unit and failed (I mean comically, miserably, failed). Which I guess explains the green kit and affiliation to the Beacons. Do you reckon they actually make any money?

5. I was thinking of being a life coach, money for old rope.

6. Wah Guard On; Er, don't know quite how to say this mate, but would you really inspire confidence in your prospective clients. Wah Guard Off.

7. I belong to the Royal Society of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce. Chiefly as it has very nice meeting rooms and the IOD is full of tossers.

Their/our LinkedIn group is however typically made up of the sort of mercurial idiot who asks semi-rhetorical questions and then sits, toadlike, on top of the thread and hands out their answers as a form of brainy largesse to lesser mortals. And that's a lifestyle coach.

8. Institute of Leadership and Management and the Emotional Intelligence questionnaire.

9. It doesnt have an endorsement by Jimbo Schortt does it?

10. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

You should have added another criteria - take the piss prices. £65 an hour to you sir....

And on a more serious note - only way of contact is via a mobile phone or an anonymous email address - no registered office or address. Which makes me think they're not a limited company. (Hope they've got public liability insurance - me thinks not...)

And what can these fine upstanding citizens train you in? I give you Sara Lloyd.

So there you have it - how to become a trained killer armed only with a plastic piss pot...

Wordsmith

11. Funny that.

Apparently, the country is broke, the private sector is taking pay cuts and job losses, the public sector is being trimmed, houses are unaffordable, and the banks are not lending.

...and yet, there is enough of a demand for people like this to make a living?

12. Being serious for a moment I find Dingerr one of the most truly inspiring people I have ever come into contact with.

Don't tell the big headed bastard that though.