Volunteers wanted

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by becauseitisthere, May 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I posted a something about my upcoming expedition HERE a couple of days ago.

I'm looking for 12 volunteers who have experience with combat related PTSD to write about their experiences for a series of posts for my expedition website. The idea would be to have an individuals account of living with PTSD each month for 12 months (or perhaps longer). My reason for wanting to do this would be to reach out to a different audience who may not know about PTSD in veterans, and in doing so, helping to both raise awareness for PTSD and money for Combat Stress. If we can

Any person wishing to help doesn't have to put their name to the piece and can stay anonymous. Also, it's worth pointing out that I'm not just looking for ex servicemen and women to get involved; accounts from families, etc would also be welcome.

You can contact me either by posting here or sending me a message via my WEBSITE
  2. Kevin,

Can you add a bit about yourself in your Website in an 'About Me' section, people will want to know who you are, what your background is etc. Have you thought about contacting Bob Paxmans Talking2Minds at http://www.talking2minds.co.uk/ and http://www.v-i-a.org.uk/ both should be able to provide you with the info you need...
  3. Certainly, I'm working on bit's and pieces for the site so i'll add that to my to-do list.

But in the mean time here's a quick bio.

My name's Kevin Shannon and i'm 23 from Cheshire. I haven't served in the Armed Forces but i support armed forces charities due to my Dad, Grandad and various Uncles and a couple of friends having served in the forces. I'm trying to highlight CS and PTSD and bring awareness to people who perhaps have never heard of these issues - especially people around my age.