Volunteers in the pandemic. Have a go, why not?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
It seems that rather than pay nurses even normal rates for doing vaccinations they got in volunteers. It’s ok when things go well I’m sure and nobody dies or gets unwell.
In other situations I thought such as train driving unions would go nuts, now I fancy a bit of train driving in a have-a-go-hero-pandemic-stylee way.
I’d also like a go at flying aircraft and getting my end away, we all know they fly themselves now in normal circumstances, come on it’s for the pandemic. What would you lot fancy a go at to help out humanity? It’s all for the good of yourselves of course, **** the public. You could even get a local hero recognition award.

I’ve been a member of arrse for quite a few years now, as a result of the information I have gleaned, I think I’d be more than qualified to act (in an emergency) as a last minute substitute in a combat situation of a tactical nature.

@Toastie will also testify that, due to my thousands of hours on Microsoft flight simulator, including several logged flying the millennium Falcon under the Tamar bridge inverted, my helpful tips to him were gratefully received and vastly improved his instrument approaches.
Im currently working on a method of assisting @Fang_Farrier in his role as a dentist.

I’ve been a member of arrse for quite a few years now, as a result of the information I have gleaned, I think I’d be more than qualified to act (in an emergency) as a last minute substitute in a combat situation of a tactical nature.

@Toastie will also testify that, due to my thousands of hours on Microsoft flight simulator, including several logged flying the millennium Falcon under the Tamar bridge inverted, my helpful tips to him were gratefully received and vastly improved his instrument approaches.
Im currently working on a method of assisting @Fang_Farrier in his role as a dentist.
Of course a real manly pilot doesn't bother with instruments for approaches or anything else.

As a dental nurse? If you look like this, it might work.
1614152858720.png

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
In times gone by bored old Grans worked in the coffee shops in hospitals and caused havoc with toasters, likely to get firemen in. Now they’re taking over, give them vaccinations and they think they’re ******* Robocop.

In times gone by bored old Grans worked in the coffee shops in hospitals and caused havoc with toasters, likely to get firemen in. Now they’re taking over, give them vaccinations and they think they’re ******* Robocop.
Ok, clearly someone has been upsetting you. Give us all the gory details.

Who on here could provide POTUS with some helpful assistance with their political insight and superior big business experience and knowledge?

Mate of mine started volunteering at the local hospital a couple of days a week.
He replaces nursing staff ( normally a Doctor ) in taking relatives from Reception to the Ward to say goodbye to their friend, parent etc.

In a pandemic situation this frees up the Doctor to do life saving stuff.

My mate has for the last 25+ years been working 4 days on, 4 days off as a HEMS pilot.

He is also the only person on the HEMS website who chose anonimity ( no photo, brief write up ) on their Who Are We page.

Mate of mine started volunteering at the local hospital a couple of days a week.
He replaces nursing staff ( normally a Doctor ) in taking relatives from Reception to the Ward to say goodbye to their friend, parent etc.

In a pandemic situation this frees up the Doctor to do life saving stuff.

My mate has for the last 25+ years been working 4 days on, 4 days off as a HEMS pilot.

He is also the only person on the HEMS website who chose anonimity ( no photo, brief write up ) on their Who Are We page.
I’m currently brushing up on my ‘piece to camera’ wrt YouTube video skills, with particular attention towards looking emotional. I envisage I’ll be suitably qualified to act as a viable stand-in for an NHS nurse pretty shortly.
I’ll also be available to “receive the clap” on behalf of any nurses unable to accidentally walk down their street at the nominated time,with an NHS ID lanyard or uniform proudly on display.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It seems that rather than pay nurses even normal rates for doing vaccinations they got in volunteers. It’s ok when things go well I’m sure and nobody dies or gets unwell.
In other situations I thought such as train driving unions would go nuts, now I fancy a bit of train driving in a have-a-go-hero-pandemic-stylee way.
I’d also like a go at flying aircraft and getting my end away, we all know they fly themselves now in normal circumstances, come on it’s for the pandemic. What would you lot fancy a go at to help out humanity? It’s all for the good of yourselves of course, **** the public. You could even get a local hero recognition award.

Volunteers?

Why not pay folk vast sums to do it.

(As a disclaimer, I am a health board employee and salaried, as such I am redeployed and get no extra payment to vaccinate)

Fuck, I’ve been sussed.

@jarrod248, I’ll run you an introductory course at Mate’s Rates. Lesson 1, take offs, £4.99.

Lesson 2, posing, Gratis. Fundamentalist religious raving module available, ask at time of application.

Lesson 3, landings. £100,000.

Should have you ready for mid September if you’re only planning to do lessons 1 and 2.

Volunteers?

Why not pay folk vast sums to do it.

(As a disclaimer, I am a health board employee and salaried, as such I am redeployed and get no extra payment to vaccinate)
Wooaah!..... don’t mention deployment.

You’ve just ruled out quite a few on here who could have otherwise assisted you.

Latest Threads