volunteering? Headley Court

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by kickingcouture, Oct 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey!

Found this forum from searching about headley court, basically im doing A Levels at the moment and for a subject i have to do 6 hours of volunteering and obvs more if they want me!

I want to do it at Headley Court, however do u think they will want me or just reject me lol!? I know its not one for volunteering but ive been thinking about doing it anyway before this project !

Thanks !

2. Have you considered giving them a call? Or would that be too easy?

3. lol! i have their number but i read a couple of posts on here regards to volunteering and it didnt seem positive but they were old so i want to see more recent opinions

4. Just give them a call, and see what they say?

5. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Whats your a level in? Is it relevant to the work they do at headley court? What type of volenteering are you looking to do? What benefit will this give to them?

These are the type of questions that organisations ask, so have a think on what you want to get out of it, how it benefits them, and then send an email if you dont like the idea of phoning. Whats the worse that can happen

Good luck ;o)

6. lol! ive rung them, lady put me through to the right department but it was on voicemail so left a message obvs!

7. Hi
    its a compulsary one the goverment have just introduced, it's citzenship, basically u have to do an award which u do 6 hours or more volunteering and then a couple of essays on it.

I've been thinking about doing it for a little while, basically just keeping patients company, helping out etc,basically what a " candy striper" does in the U.S.

8. I'm sure one of these will go down very well

Attached Files: