Volunteer Timing Marshals Required 2nd Oct Nr Aldershot.

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by superenduro, Sep 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I was recommended your site by a competitor in a mountain bike race I am holding on the 2nd of July at Caesars’ Camp Aldershot as a good place to look for reliable volunteer marshals for the race. The race is a new style format that is like a car rally where riders ride a route which is interspersed by timed or marked stages. I am in desperate need of reliable timing marshals for the stages who are ideally local to Aldershot. I am afraid there is no pay other than a box of beer each.

I would require you from 8.30am on the Sunday morning and we should be finished by 3pm with a short meeting before hand to run you through the timing which I would travel to you to do. Being an ex soldier myself I was hoping to donate some of the profits for the Help The Hero’s fund but unfortunately the entries are low so it is unlikely we will make a profit. The main aim is to get the race underway which will hopefully lead to a race series in 2012.

Like anything these type of events rely on volunteers so any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your time,

Race Promoter

Mountain bike racing uk | uk mountain bike racing | Enduro Gravity MTB racing | UK Super Enduro racing | mountain bike enduro racing |