Volunteer Reserve Service Medal

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by robre, May 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am applying for a VRSM for one of my soldiers but I do not have a copy of the F/Hons/1009. Does anyone have an electronic copy they can PM to me?

2. It's on Army Net.

Download the 'Form Filler' program and the jobs a good un

3. Full details are laid out in DCI JS 53/99 and, also for the RAUXAF, AP3392 Vol 7 Leaflet 702 Annex B.

4. I am on armynet but I cannot find or get access to the form :x Can anyone PM me a copy :?:

5. Sorry to drag up an old topic, but I'm looking for one too.. JPAC told me it was on the SVPA forms website but unless I'm blind and stupid - they're bullshitting me (suprise suprise). Can't see it on armynet either

6. Whats the qualifying period for the gong ?

7. 10 years and a bar for every 5 after that, must be due my 2nd bar early next year

8. I believe that you have to earn 9 bounties within the first 10 year period.

9. F/Hons/1009, my kingdom for a F/Hons/1009

10. 10 years, but dont expect to see one for a few years after you qualify

11. It took 21 months from mine being aplied for untill the PSAO flip it over his desk at me

12. does regular service count towards it and if so how does it work.

even if somebody in the know can point me in the right direction of where to look for it

13. regular service not counting towards the regular LS&GC medal counts at half rate for a maximum of 5 years so if you have done 22 years as a reg and have a LS&GC you only have to do 7 and a half years for the VRSM

14. http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceFor/Veterans/Medals/Vrsm.htm

All hail the mighty Google! :roll:

Also: http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/p=1403233.html

15. does mobilised service count towards the qualifying perion on the VRSM???