Volkswagen - racist ad

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Despite Coronavirus, the Emperor is clearly holidaying in Wolfsburg right now.

How a scandal-hit, major multi-national approves something like that in this day and age without someone raising a flag is completely boggling.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
They got a lot of free publicity though, so...working as intended?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
They got a lot of free publicity though, so...working as intended?
Given that the CEO used the slogan 'Arbeit Macht Frei', they may have identified a key demographic on which to rebuild the company and are going back to their roots.

Given their history with diesalgate I would want to see independent testing that the tech genuinely keeps duskys away from your motor.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Probably worth a slap on the wrists... if it was probably designed to take the spotlight off the "Emissions" debacle. :cool:
I don't think anything could take the spotlight off that - I think it simply adds to the narrative of an organisation that can't find its backside with both hands.

This is a MUCH better racist advert from them:

I don't think anything could take the spotlight off that - I think it simply adds to the narrative of an organisation that can't find its backside with both hands.
Yes, but one of those hands is too busy flicking some poor black bloke around as though he’s a subbuteo player...

This is a MUCH better racist advert from them:
VW threatened to sue the two creatives who made it as part of a showreel of what they could do. They settled for the video being taken off the creatives’ website (since it obviously would stop further circulation of the video) and being given all the originals of the video.

It would appear that someone gave it to the VW team and said ‘top that!’.

It's not as good as the one Clarkson did, driving a VW around the deserted streets of Warsaw. I can't seem to find it on YouTube for some reason.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm OUTRAGED!

What's it about? I haven't seen it.
It's more to do with astonishment than outrage - though we've yet to have Bravo_bravo's lock-on and general expatiation on the racial aspects.

Given their history with diesalgate I would want to see independent testing that the tech genuinely keeps duskys away from your motor.
You ain't seen nuthin' yet. SA security company adverts, as well as those for alarm systems, security gates and so on all show your suburban family of govt approved social and cultural characteristics threatened by those nasty minority criminals who stalk the cities and make the streets unsafe.

Absolutely and completely unlike the reality.

Latest Threads