Voicemails - One for the techy types.

I've mentioned over on the Smart meter thread about an issue I'm having with my useless energy provider who in responding to me always leave voicemails and don't seem to want to put anything on email.

My iPhone never rings, I just get the ping telling me I've a new voicemail. Now in the past I've put this down to me working in a rural area or being where there's poor reception, but when I think about it a lot of the calls simply aren't. The latest one was while I was at home stood over the thing when it didn't ring and I've had others where the voicemail ping has happened but the phone never rang. All my other calls are fine.

I've checked my block list and they're not on it and I find it hard to believe that my phone is as sick of them as I am and filtering them out. So I'm wondering if, as they obviously record all their calls (which is advantageous to them) and as a caller to them you're looking at at least a 15 min wait (hope you get bored and give up) they have some sort of ability to go straight to voicemail.
Obviously I'm not being paranoid. But they're watching you see...….

:)

I've mentioned over on the Smart meter thread about an issue I'm having with my useless energy provider who in responding to me always leave voicemails and don't seem to want to put anything on email.

My iPhone never rings, I just get the ping telling me I've a new voicemail. Now in the past I've put this down to me working in a rural area or being where there's poor reception, but when I think about it a lot of the calls simply aren't. The latest one was while I was at home stood over the thing when it didn't ring and I've had others where the voicemail ping has happened but the phone never rang. All my other calls are fine.

I've checked my block list and they're not on it and I find it hard to believe that my phone is as sick of them as I am and filtering them out. So I'm wondering if, as they obviously record all their calls (which is advantageous to them) and as a caller to them you're looking at at least a 15 min wait (hope you get bored and give up) they have some sort of ability to go straight to voicemail.

slydial

ETA: That's a US one, for Europe it would be:
slybroadcast Global

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Call them and take your mobile number off your account and tell them email only - tell them for security reasons you need all contact to be from their @domain. Sneaky *******. :D

Call me cynical, but is the phone number you have to call a premium rate one?

load_fin

Old-Salt

Got issued a new iphone, and had the same problem, Its in "settings" somewhere, but I got a millennial to sort it out. I'll ask him if he can remember where it was.

ETA: Try "settings", "do not disturb" as a starting point.

ugly

LE
Frankly if they are ignoring your instructions then you are entitled to block them, email them and tell them this. If they fail to respond take it up with an ombudsman, there's bound to be one.
In fact email them and tell them you are blocking their number because they have failed to follow the instructions/preferences on your account.

Thanks folks, they're already well aware I wont speak to them and will only contact via email, but oddly enough keep ignoring that instruction and the slydial thing would seem to tick the box. As I'm not 12 and haven't done anything in the settings :)

Latest Threads