• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

voice procedure

T

the_mentalist

Nope!

But if you go to your Sigs Platoon/Command Troop or RSI they should be able to help.

The Whole point of our voice procedure and callsign systems and general radio use, is to deny the enemy from understanding what we are transmitting, so therefore this information should not be freely available on the internet. If there are any such sites the authors should be fcuking shot!!! :x :x

Most units sigs det/ Plt's will have the VP lessons on disc for copying etc.
Speak to them they are always greatful for anyone teaching such important but boring lessons to the troops.

T

the_mentalist

merlin162 said:
Most units sigs det/ Plt's will have the VP lessons on disc for copying etc.
Speak to them they are always greatful for anyone teaching such important but boring lessons to the troops.
Didn't I say that :?

Apparently, most units sigs det/ Plt's will have the VP lessons on disc for copying etc.
You could always speak to them, they are always greatful for anyone teaching such important but boring lessons to the troops.

T

the_mentalist

macscruff said:
Apparently, most units sigs det/ Plt's will have the VP lessons on disc for copying etc.
You could always speak to them, they are always greatful for anyone teaching such important but boring lessons to the troops.
I did hear that!! :D

I thought the whole point of voice procedure was not to deny understanding to anyone but quite the opposite. VP is a codified, standardised and repeatable set of rules or methods of communication for using potentialy noisy and simplex means. Basically, its an efficient means of communicating.

Call signs and crypto are there to prevent information listeners gleaning useful information from the traffic.

Much radio voice procedure is common across a wide variety of both military and civilian organisations

Speak to your sigs people, they should be able to help with lesson plans etc

Z

Zarathustra

If you're planning a lesson, shouldn't you already know this? But failing that speak to your signals platoon (as others have already said)

K

:)

Steven said:
At least some people read the inside cover of signals logs then!

the_mentalist said:
Nope!

The Whole point of our voice procedure and callsign systems and general radio use, is to deny the enemy from understanding what we are transmitting, so therefore this information should not be freely available on the internet. If there are any such sites the authors should be fcuking shot!!! :x :x
No it's not!! BATCO and the new digitally secure transmission systems are designed for that .... voice procedure and callsigns are used by the range of Uniformed Services - in order to acheive Clarity, Brevity, Accuracy and Efficiency.

In reply to the original post - who are you aiming the lesson at - I may have some ideas / resources to send your way

Rgr, is in the forces either an abreviation of Ranger for the old Irish Rangers or of Roger when using Message Logs in a CP....

Mentalist you didn't actually say that the lesson plans and resources were actually available at individual Coy/Sqn Sig Det's on disc! you actually said speak to the RSO etc. Remember the originator of this forum may not
be in the regs or TA.

Ask for a PAM 2 and write your own, you could probably find one on the net if you get stuck.

merlin162 said:
Rgr, is in the forces either an abreviation of Ranger for the old Irish Rangers or of Roger when using Message Logs in a CP....
The post I was refering to was:-
I knew it was meant to meant an abbreviation for 'Roger', however wasn't too sure what it had with the tread's theme of 'Voice Procedure'.

As for your comment on message logs, I was always taught to fill out radio logs with standard abbreviations. The abbreviation for 'Roger' was always:-

R K for 'roger over'
R+ (or R AR) for 'roger out'

Things may have changed as they always do, but why would you ever want to make an abbreviation longer? Do you only work 'slow' nets? I wasn't often that lucky.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Army Reserve 4
scazza The Training Wing 4
scazza The Training Wing 39