voice procedure

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by mo8462, Nov 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone know of a good website that deals with vp. r.s.v.p etc to help plan a lesson. thanks in advance

2. Nope!

But if you go to your Sigs Platoon/Command Troop or RSI they should be able to help.

The Whole point of our voice procedure and callsign systems and general radio use, is to deny the enemy from understanding what we are transmitting, so therefore this information should not be freely available on the internet. If there are any such sites the authors should be fcuking shot!!! :x :x

3. WHAT???? :?

4. Most units sigs det/ Plt's will have the VP lessons on disc for copying etc.
    Speak to them they are always greatful for anyone teaching such important but boring lessons to the troops.

5. Didn't I say that :?

6. Apparently, most units sigs det/ Plt's will have the VP lessons on disc for copying etc.
    You could always speak to them, they are always greatful for anyone teaching such important but boring lessons to the troops.

7. I did hear that!! :D

8. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

I thought the whole point of voice procedure was not to deny understanding to anyone but quite the opposite. VP is a codified, standardised and repeatable set of rules or methods of communication for using potentialy noisy and simplex means. Basically, its an efficient means of communicating.

Call signs and crypto are there to prevent information listeners gleaning useful information from the traffic.

Much radio voice procedure is common across a wide variety of both military and civilian organisations

Speak to your sigs people, they should be able to help with lesson plans etc

9. If you're planning a lesson, shouldn't you already know this? But failing that speak to your signals platoon (as others have already said)

10. At least some people read the inside cover of signals logs then!

11. I did, still don't understand most of the stuff in there though -|-

12. No it's not!! BATCO and the new digitally secure transmission systems are designed for that .... voice procedure and callsigns are used by the range of Uniformed Services - in order to acheive Clarity, Brevity, Accuracy and Efficiency.

In reply to the original post - who are you aiming the lesson at - I may have some ideas / resources to send your way

13. What planet are you on? 8O